Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

RE: reboot

• Creator
    Discussion

Bernerd !!!
    It is very good indeed that you sent the article and that it trigerred the debate!!!
    There´s nothing more clumsy than doing something without realizing exactly what we are really doing. So, … PLEASE DO NOT REFRAIN AT ALL FROM SENDING THESE OR OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES OR NEWS IF THEY INTUITIVELY MAKE YOU THINK ANY OF THEM MAY BE IN THE CORE, THE GREY ZONE, THE BUFFER ZONES, OR EVEN IN THE AREA OF SOCIOECNOMIC INFLUENCE… OF THE PERIPHERY … OF THE PRINCIPLES WE ARE DISCUSSING…
    Putting it briefly… thanks for sending them along woth your comments and hesitations or assertions/denials.
    Don´t worry, we wil keep the focus, as PUNEET suggested yesterday, “All that matters is the legal interoperability (not semantic or technological or any other interoperability) of that data with other data. If we establish and promote that, in my view we’d have performed a very valuable service”. I could not agree more.
    We will meanwhile “store” -and for those willing to go farther, “actively store” -for the post implementation guidelines agenda, if there such a thing later in the RDAprocess,
    Actually, the strategies towards the use cases that we will start in late january (at least in three of the five of them) will list and look also to all those different additional issues to do an assessment on them besides the testing of the principles themselves.
    Take care
    Enviado el: martes, 17 de noviembre de 2015 16:04
    Para: punkish
    CC: Jean-Bernard Minster; chrishmorris; RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability IG; Enrique Alonso García
    Asunto: reboot
    I am sorry that the article i circulated, and the subsequent —very interesting— discussions have distracted us from the job at hand.
    I suggest that we finish what we started first and that some of us —those who understand legal issues much better than I do— design a plan for addressing the broad range of legal issues raised in the last few days, in the context of a WG (more than an IG). Perhaps these issues can be tackled one at a time. It seems that this might take years! It might eve take forever as technology and data science advance rapidly, and raise an ever greater number of fresh and complex legal issues.
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    El texto de este correo es confidencial y exclusivamente está dirigido a su destinatario. Si se ha enviado a una dirección errónea rogamos elimine el mismo y, en su caso, los documentos adjuntos, y nos lo comunique urgentemente. This message is intented only for the use of the addresse and contain confidential information. If you are not the intented recipient, dissemination of this documentation is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please, erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.
    Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico, piense bien si es necesario hacerlo: El medioambiente es cosa de todos.