Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

planning specs for IDW? and an update

• Creator
    Discussion

Hi all –
    Given that we now have to find a space and a meeting planner, I will see what I can do with that budget. If there were special requirements for meeting spaces for SciDataCon (such as a large exhibit hall), please let me know.
    Also, we had agreed to use a common meeting planner, and I am willing to take care of getting one. It will take a bit of time; RPI requires that we write an RFP and get three bids, and so I can be doing some writing over the next couple of days, and will circulate the text among all of us to make sure everything is covered.
    I spoke with Bob Hanisch at NIST today, and he will be scoping NIST’s level of involvement with other NIST colleagues, and will get back to me as soon as possible.
    In terms of registration fee, because RDA/US has a budget partly dedicated to this kind of thing, the registration fees we will propose is very likely to be the same ones we used for P5.
    We had the following values:
    Registration fee
    Cost
    Ends
    Early-bird registration fee
    200 USD
    Full registration fee
    250 USD
    March 8
    On site registration fee
    325 USD
    March 11
    Extra guest reception on Monday, March 9
    25 USD
    March 8
    Extra guest Dinner on Tuesday, March 10
    50 USD
    March 9
    I would not be averse to going up $50 each on these levels, but that is for discussion after I ‘mess with’ the budget.
    More soon…..
    Cheers
    K
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
    Amos Eaton, Room 211
    110 8th Street
    Troy, NY 12080
    P – 518.276.2829
    C – 410.991.6728
    e – ***@***.***
    Skype – ksfontaine