Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

joint session and program committee

• Creator
    Discussion

Mark Parsons
    Participant

Hi,
    We all had actions to solicit ideas for the Wednesday and to begin to identify PC members. Here’s what I’ve got.
    For Wednesday, Leif Laaksonen had some good suggestions:
    Hi,
    We all had actions to solicit ideas for the Wednesday and to begin to identify PC members. Here’s what I’ve got.
    For Wednesday, Leif Laaksonen had some good suggestions:
    > * Having a joint session with CODATA/WDS/ICSU would enable RDA to reach out to new research communities and to explore what RDA can contribute to for these communities
    >
    > * Having a joint session with CODATA/WDS/ICSU would enable RDA to look at differences/synergies/collaborations between long term and policy oriented working groups and the RDA more short term ones.
    >
    > * It would also be great to define and perhaps being able to put some money into pilot projects to showcase the power in using research data across research disciplines and country borders. I think we don’t put enough of effort onto showcase things and this we are a bit lacking the visions.
    This led to other organisations suggesting how they might contribute:
    This suggests there is good interest in pilots or demos or something. Maybe we should have a sort of expo to highlight the work of all our partners—a big harmonious international data week.
    Regarding the PC, I have only one suggestion so far, Francoise Genova. She would be great.
    cheers,
    -m.