Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

FW: Denver Panel session prep call

• Creator
    Discussion

Lynn Yarmey
    Participant

Hello all,
    Please see the following update from Chris Greer on the Limits of Openness panel. The group got together earlier today to coordinate and organize their session and would like to make a few changes to the framing of the discussion. Does anyone have any objections or can I get the changes (title, description, speaker order) made?
    Thanks!
    Lynn
    Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 10:11 AM
    To: Lynn Yarmey
    Subject: FW: Denver Panel session prep call
    Hi Lynn,
    We held an organizational call among panelists today for our Session on Wed. in Denver during the International Data Forum (14:30-16:00). See the summary below for the contents of our discussion. I have a few questions:
    1) Are powerpoint slides okay, do slides have to be provided in advance, and will slides be made publicly available during/after the conference?
    2) We would like to change the title, description of our session on the agenda, and order of presentation. Is that possible? If so, here is suggested text:
    —————-
    14:30-16:00 Panel Discussion: Responsible Openness
    Moderator: Chris Greer
    Senior Executive for Cyber-Physical Systems, NIST
    An active discussion focusing on how responsible consideration of privacy & confidentiality, safety & security, intellectual property, and legal constraints can promote open data sharing.
    14:30-14:40 Introduction, Chris Greer
    14:40-14:50 Brian Bot
    Sage Bionetworks
    14:50-15:00 Christopher Horsethief
    First Nations Health Council and Ktunaxa Nation
    15:00-15:10 Eva Mendez
    Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
    15:10-15:40 Moderated Panel Discussion with all speakers
    15:40-16:00 Q&A Session
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers
    Chris
    Chris Greer
    NIST
    – Show quoted text -From: Greer, Chris (Fed)
    Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:45 AM
    To: ‘***@***.***’ ; ‘***@***.***’ ; ‘***@***.***’
    Subject: RDA Panel session prep call
    Thanks for getting together by phone today. Here’s a quick summary of our conversation:
    Action Items (let’s make the due date Sept. 1 for easy recall):
    1) Send a short BIO to be used for the introduction
    2) Send 2-3 questions for possible use in the moderated discussion sessions. These are questions you would like me to pose to you as panelists to allow you to bring out different aspects of your message that go beyond your 10 minute talk.
    Order of Presentation:
    1) Brian Bot – Approaches to responsible data sharing from both research subject and researcher perspectives, responsible provisions for privacy
    2) Christopher Horsethief – Data sovereignty, Perspective of community members on responsible, responsive, and supportive research and data approaches
    3) Eva Mendez – European research open data landscape, EC responsible research and innovation (RRI) initiative
    Slides:
    1) No more than 5 slides for a 10 min. talk
    2) I’ll look into logistics for slides
    Let me know if you have correction or there’s anything else we should cover.
    All the best,
    Chris
    Dr. Chris Greer
    Director, Smart Grid and Cyber Physical Systems Program
    Engineering Laboratory
    National Institute of Standards and Technology
    100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD, 20899

• Author
    Replies

Simon Hodson

No objections – it’s important that they organise as they see fit.
    S.
    CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE

agreed. Bernard

Mark Parsons

Yup. It looks like they’re setting up a nice session.
    cheers,
    -m.
    On Aug 23, 2016, at 10:33, Simon Hodson wrote:
    No objections – it’s important that they organise as they see fit.
    S.
    Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96 | Tel (Cell): +33 6 86 30 42 59
    CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
    On 23 Aug 2016, at 18:30, yarmey wrote:
    Hello all,
    Please see the following update from Chris Greer on the Limits of Openness panel. The group got together earlier today to coordinate and organize their session and would like to make a few changes to the framing of the discussion. Does anyone have any objections or can I get the changes (title, description, speaker order) made?
    Thanks!
    Lynn
    !
    Hi Lynn,
    We held an organizational call among panelists today for our Session on Wed. in Denver during the International Data Forum (14:30-16:00). See the summary below for the contents of our discussion. I have a few questions:
    1) Are powerpoint slides okay, do slides have to be provided in advance, and will slides be made publicly available during/after the conference?
    2) We would like to change the title, description of our session on the agenda, and order of presentation. Is that possible? If so, here is suggested text:
    —————-
    An active discussion focusing on how responsible consideration of privacy & confidentiality, safety & security, intellectual property, and legal constraints can promote open data sharing.
    Sage Bionetworks
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers
    Chris
    Chris Greer
    NIST
    To: ‘***@***.***‘ ; ‘***@***.***‘ ; ‘***@***.***
    Thanks for getting together by phone today. Here’s a quick summary of our conversation:
    2) Send 2-3 questions for possible use in the moderated discussion sessions. These are questions you would like me to pose to you as panelists to allow you to bring out different aspects of your message that go beyond ! your 10 minute talk.
    Order of Presentation:
    1) Brian Bot – Approaches to responsible data sharing from both research subject and researcher perspectives, responsible provisions for privacy
    2) Christopher Horsethief – Data sovereignty, Perspective of community members on responsible, responsive, and supportive research and data approaches
    3) Eva Mendez – European research open data landscape, EC responsible research and innovation (RRI) initiative
    Slides:
    All the best,
    Chris
    Dr. Chris Greer
    Engineering Laboratory

Full post: https://rd-alliance.org/group/international-data-week-including-p8/post/
    Manage my subscriptions: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/53509

Full post: https://rd-alliance.org/group/international-data-week-including-p8/post/
    Manage my subscriptions: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/53509

Lynn Yarmey

Thanks all,
    With 5 ‘yes’s, I put this in the queue for website updates.
    Lynn
    Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 10:30 AM
    To: International Data Week including P8
    Subject: [idw] FW: Denver Panel session prep call
    Hello all,
    Thanks!
    Lynn
    Hi Lynn,
    —————-
    Sage Bionetworks
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers
    Chris
    Chris Greer
    NIST
    To: ‘***@***.***‘ ; ‘***@***.***‘ ; ‘***@***.***
    2) Send 2-3 questions for possible use in the moderated discussion sessions. These are questions you would like me to pose to you as panelists to allow you to bring out different aspects of your message that go beyond your 10 minute talk.
    Order of Presentation:
    Slides:
    All the best,
    Chris
    Dr. Chris Greer
    Engineering Laboratory