Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

data citation pilot at Ocean Networks Canada

• Creator
    Discussion

Reyna Jenkyns
    Participant

Hi,
    We are preparing to start an implementation of data citations at Oceans Networks Canada and hoping to follow the recommendations, although may not each and every one initially. I’m currently working on the project charter.
    Thus, you can add us to your collection of organizations undertaking the transition to using data citations. We both will be supporting dynamic datasets from our data streams, and specially curated/post-processed datasets.
    I may have questions along the way for this group.
    Also, I have an interest in the work Argo is doing with DataCite to introduce a subset data query element in the metadata record. Who would be the right person to learn more about this. I think this would be analogous to what I would like to do.
    Thanks,
    Reyna Jenkyns
    Data Stewardship Team Lead, Ocean Networks Canada
    reyna@uvic.ca

• Author
    Replies

Hi Reyna
    Hi Reyna
    > We are preparing to start an implementation of data citations at Oceans Networks Canada and hoping to follow the recommendations, although may not each and every one initially. I’m currently working on the project charter.
    >
    > Thus, you can add us to your collection of organizations undertaking the transition to using data citations. We both will be supporting dynamic datasets from our data streams, and specially curated/post-processed datasets.
    >
    That’s great news! We are definitely interested in learning more about your implementation!
    We will set up a space at the WGDC Wiki to provide an overview of the various pilots and collect material as they progress.
    Hi Reyna
    > We are preparing to start an implementation of data citations at Oceans Networks Canada and hoping to follow the recommendations, although may not each and every one initially. I’m currently working on the project charter.
    >
    > Thus, you can add us to your collection of organizations undertaking the transition to using data citations. We both will be supporting dynamic datasets from our data streams, and specially curated/post-processed datasets.
    >
    That’s great news! We are definitely interested in learning more about your implementation!
    We will set up a space at the WGDC Wiki to provide an overview of the various pilots and collect material as they progress.
    > I may have questions along the way for this group.
    >
    We’re happy to help wherever possible!
    Hi Reyna
    >
    >
    > I may have questions along the way for this group.
    >
    We’re happy to help wherever possible!
    > Also, I have an interest in the work Argo is doing with DataCite to introduce a subset data query element in the metadata record. Who would be the right person to learn more about this. I think this would be analogous to what I would like to do.
    >
    I suggest you contact Helen Glaves (***@***.***): she presented more details on the ARGO pilot during the P7 mtg in Tokyo. She is also co-chairing the Marine Data Harmonization interest group whose members, I am sure, will also be interested in learning more about your plans and progress. Justin and John also can provide more details on this: the ARGO setting was one of the first pilots we explored conceptually during a workshop with NERC at the British Library while developing the recommendations, with updates being presented at earlier plenary meetings.
    Best regards, Andi