Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

FW: [cure-fair] RDA P15 session feedback

• Creator
    Discussion

Frankie Stevens
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    The Reproducible Health Data Services WG has updated their charter based on our feedback. I will review this this week and let you know my thoughts. It would be good if one other person could review this too. We can discuss at the next TAB meeting.
    Thanks all – hope you are all well.
    Regards,
    Frankie
    Dr Frankie Stevens • Associate Director – eResearch
    w: aarnet.edu.au
    orcid.org/0000-0002-2556-473X
    Important: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and the rights of confidentiality in such information are not waived or lost by its mistaken delivery to you. Any dissemination, copying, use or disclosure of the email and/or such files without the permission of AARNet, or the sender, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission.
    Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 2:41 am
    To: Frankie Stevens
    Subject: Re: [cure-fair] RDA P15 session feedback
    Frankie,
    I hope that you and your loved ones are well and safe during this challenging time. Thoughts are with you all.
    Please find attached below the revise Reproducible Health Data Services WG charter addressing the TAB concerns. Please let me know if there are any next steps or support I can provide.
    Thank you,
    Anthony Juehne
    On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:51 PM Frankie Stevens wrote:
    Dear Anthony,
    With the Melbourne plenary not far away now, I was wondering if you had had any opportunity to address the outstanding queries from TAB outlined below? We’d be appreciative of your action here.
    Thanks Anthony.
    Regards,
    Frankie

Dr Frankie Stevens
    Associate Director – eResearch | AARNet (Australia’s Academic & Research Network)
    e: ***@***.***
    m: 0435 657 730
    t: frankie_stevens
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and the rights of confidentiality in such information are not waived or lost by its mistaken delivery to you. Any dissemination, copying, use or disclosure of the email and/or such files without the permission of AARNet, or the sender, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission.
    Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 at 10:13 am
    To: Anthony Juehne
    Cc: Marieke Willems , “***@***.***” , “***@***.***”
    Dear Anthony,
    TAB has reviewed your update case statement – thanks very much for your efforts here.
    There are, however, some outstanding edits originally suggested by TAB that are absent from this revised case statement – no doubt due to time constraints over the festive period, and we appreciate your response despite these challenging timeframes. We would like to see your inclusion of these enhancements in a further update to the case statement, as we believe these additions will very much strengthen the case statement, and increase expected engagement with this new and valuable WG. Please could you provide this enhanced case statement, with the inclusion of TAB’s recommendations below:
    1. Completeness:
    * Template guidelines have been removed, yet there are still some incomplete sentences present which need to be cleaned up.
    1. Other comments:
    * The charter statement still begins with reference to brokerage workflow services – it remains unclear as to what this refers to.
    * The document still refers to a “Health Data Service Workflows WG” – there has been no clarification as to whether this is the same as the Reproducible Health Data Services WG which is being proposed in the case statement, or a different group altogether (the former is suspected). The naming inconsistencies still need to be consolidated.
    * Use case examples and feedback at the 6 weeks timeframe are still proposed to be captured through github – further options need to be provided to ensure broad engagement with the target end users.
    * There is still a significant focus on the Stanford CEDAR workbench as the first adoption use case. CEDAR currently only hosts 940 users. More focus should be made on the Final deliverables, and how these could be adopted through less technology specific mechanisms.
    * The developing consensus section is unfinished, and is therefore unclear.
    Thanks Anthony – let me know if you need any further information.
    I look forward to seeing you in Melbourne.
    Regards,
    Frankie

Dr Frankie Stevens
    Research Engagement Strategist | AARNet (Australia’s Academic & Research Network)
    e: ***@***.***
    m: 0435 657 730
    t: frankie_stevens
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and the rights of confidentiality in such information are not waived or lost by its mistaken delivery to you. Any dissemination, copying, use or disclosure of the email and/or such files without the permission of AARNet, or the sender, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission.
    Date: Friday, 3 January 2020 at 4:41 am
    To: Frankie Stevens
    Dear, Dr. Stevens
    Please find attached below a revised case statement for the Reproducible Health Data Services WG addressing TABs comments and critiques.
    Please let me know if you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns as I would be happy to discuss further.
    Thank you,
    Anthony Juehne
    On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:30 AM ***@***.*** via CURE-FAIR WG wrote:
    Dear CURE-FAIR WG and Reproducible Health Data WG members,
    At its meeting on December 19, the RDA Technical Advisory Board considered your proposal for a session at Plenary 15 in Melbourne in 2020.
    Unfortunately, TAB is not able to accept your session proposal unless you make the changes that are listed below. If you still wish to proceed you will need to:
    1. Update the session description to address TAB’s concerns by or before Jan 2nd, 2020
    2. Advise ***@***.*** that you have done this so TAB can review your response
    Requested improvements:
    – Reproducible Health Data Services will need to commit to updating their case statement before this session proposal is acceptable (TAB can do a provisional acceptance of the proposal if such a commitment is made, but the session will need to be withdrawn if a case statement is not received prior to the plenary)
    – A case Statement for the newly formed CURE FAIR WG is also recommended
    We are happy to meet with you to discuss this.
    Best regards,
    Frankie
    ———-
    Dr Frankie Stevens | AARNet | TAB Liason

Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/cure-fair-wg/post/rda-p15-session-feed
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/67261

Reproducible_Health_Data_Service_WG_Case_Charter_Resubmission_29Mar2020.docx