Call to action: Work with your TG to evaluate all of your evaluation list!
The task groups (TGs) are separated based on the GORC IG Essential Elements Typology, which includes:
- Governance Structures
- Rules of Participation
- ICT Infrastructure
- Human Capacity
- Interoperability and Standards*
- Services and Tools
- Research Objects
*Interoperability and Standards are treated as two seperate but related elements here for ease of categorization.
The current TGs are:
- TG1: Governance, Rules of Participation, Sustainability
- TG2: Engagement, Human Capacity
- TG3: ICT Infrastructure, Research Objects
- TG4: Interoperability, Standards
- TG5: Services and Tools
The goal of the TGs is to evaluate each attribute within their subset. Attributes, features, and KPIs (referred to as "items") have been collected from the speaker series and investigations into RDA IG and WG outputs as well as external resources.Attributes may have features, and include KPIs. TGs will decide an action or recommendation for each item in their subset as well as an importance level. Recommendations are the actions to be taken regarding each attribute, and are keep, modify, merge, move, remove, and add. Importance indicates the criticality of each attribute for commons on the whole, and are essential, important, and useful.
Note that features belong to attributes, and attributes belong to essential elements. All essential elements have attributes, however not all attribtues have features.. The running list with sources and commons analysis matrix can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SiWnZRwkmbGuAX1sS33EWLqyRJDQWgkX...
The working document for evaluations by TGs is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sav1mYOGGSA3pxi1pvkLXVdkH0vR9Pf7...
There is also a google folder for TGs to create and store meeting and working materials that are not captured in the above working document.
The membership of TGs will not be set until October 27, 2022 after the GORC-WG meeting. WG members are welcome to sign up for a TG after this date, but please note that work will start within the TGs effective October 27, 2022.
Before October 27, 2022, all GORC IM WG members were asked to sign up for a TG. If you have not already signed up for a TG, you are encouraged and welcome to do so now by entering your name in the "Task Group Sign Up" tab in the evaluation document or by emailing CJ Woodford at email@example.com.
The TGs will work together to create the GORC-WG recommendations output material from October 27, 2022 through November 2, 2023. A major milestone within this timeline is the half-way point of RDA20 in March 2023, where we will aim to have a cohesive internal version 1 of our attribute model. The next milestone will be the release of an internal version 2 on or near July 1, 2023, and then the release for community comment of the final outputs on September 14, 2023.
The current goal for TGs is to work together to review all of your evaluation list. (January 26, 2023 - February 23, 2023).
The total timeline for the TGs is:
September 22 - October 27, 2022: Join a TG, review preliminary outputs
October 27 - November 24, 2022: Meet with your TG and set a working format and meeting schedule, review preliminary results
November 24 - December 15, 2022: Review one third of your TG's attributes, review and give feedback on prelimary results
December 15, 2022 - January 26, 2023: Review one third of your TG's attributes (a total of two thirds reviewed), review and give feedback on preliminary results
- January 26 - Februrary 23, 2023: Review one third of your TG's attribtues (all attributes now reviewed), add your TG's methodology to the Martyr doc, create an update for your TG to the WG. give feedback on preliminary results
- Februrary 23 - March 20, 2023: Finalize TG methodology and notes in the Martyr doc, select a speaker to present findings and results during P20, give feedback on preliminary results (last call before P20)
- March 20 - March 24, 2023: RDA20 in Gothenburg, Sweden. Participate in workshops and P20, finalize an internal version 1 of the GORC-WG attribute model, present your TG's contribution.
- PARTICIPATE IN OUR WORKSHOP ON MARCH 24, 2023 (hybrid)- REGISTER HERE
- March 24 - April 27, 2023: Review version 1 and confirm all changes from phase 1 evaluation were accurately captured. Begin phase 2 review and add to martyr document methodology section.
- April 27 - May 25, 2023: Review 1/2 of the phase 2 recommendations. Add to the martyr document methodology and discussion sections.
- May 25 - June 22, 2023: Review 1/2 of phase 2 recommendations (all phase 2 reviewed). Add to the martyr document discussion section and contribute to considrations on the output final form(s).
- June 22 - July 27, 2023: Version 2 will be released by July 1, 2023. Review version 2 to ensure all phase 2 evaluations are accurately captured. Review the martyr document.
- July 27 - August 24, 2023: Review version 2 for 2 other TGs, providing suggestions and requesting clarification where needed. Review draft final outputs.
- August 24 - September 14, 2023: Review version 2 for 2 other TGs (all TGs have reviewed each other's work). Review final outputs.
- September 14, 2023: Recommendations and attribute model go out for community request for comment
- September 28 - October 12, 2023: Final window for TG input on final outputs. Preparation for RDA21 and presentation of final results.
- October 12, 2023: Communtiy request for comment closes.
- October 12 - 24, 2023: Assist with incorporating community recomendations into final outputs. Prepare a short TG synopsis for RDA21.
- October 24-26, 2023: RDA21 and IDW23 in Salzburg, Austria, presentation of GORC-WG recommendations
- November 2, 2023: Submission of recommendations to RDA.