Meeting title: Agrisemantics WG: closing up and looking ahead (Remote Access Instructions)
Meeting Location: Commonwealth A1
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18-7Rs4MNH-_zdWeDcygRLfU_l5mlPevAgeZfdpA9X_k/edit
Short introduction describing the scope of the group and if any previous activities:
The group gathers together researchers and practitioners at the intersection between semantic technologies and agriculture, sharing the goal of enhancing agricultural data interoperability by means of semantics. The group started its activity by producing a landscape report of how semantic resources are used in the area, then moved on to collect specific use cases around problems and bottlenecks that people dealing with semantics for agricultural data encounter in their work. The final output of the group is a set of recommendations on what should be available in order to make semantic technologies more useful and used in applications.
Additional links to informative material related to the group:
- Group page: https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/agrisemantics-wg.html
- Case Statement: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/agrisemantics-wg/case-statement/rda-ag...
- Deliverable 1: landscaping report on the use of semantic technologies for agricultural data. https://www.rd-alliance.org/deliverable-1-landscaping
- Deliverable 2: Semantics for agricultural data: current bottenecks and requirements based on community use cases https://www.rd-alliance.org/deliverable-2-use-cases-and-requirements
The goal of the session is to discuss the activities of the group, the output produced, the lessons learned, and options for the future.
1. Closing up the Agrisemantics WG. Group considerations
2. Group output: presentation and discussion
3. What next, in RDA and outside
Target audience: People interested or involved in semantic approaches for data discovery and interoperability.
Group chair serving as contact person: Sophie Aubin
Type of meeting: Working meeting
Remote Access Instructions: coming soon