Gianmaria Silvello is a computer science engineer and Post-Doc researcher at Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padua.
His research spans information retrieval evaluation, digital libraries and archives, linked open data and data publishing and citation.
Since 2011, he has been post-doctoral researcher at University of Padua and member of the Information Management Systems research group. Since 2006 he has been working on the design and development of a digital archive system called SIAR (Regional Archival Information System) in cooperation with the Italian Veneto Region. Since 2010 he has been working in the field of Information Retrieval. He has participated and participates in several national and international projects.
He has published 80+ scientific papers in national and international venues.
Papers about data citation:
1) Learning to Cite Framework: How to Automatically Construct Citations for Hierarchical Data (JASIST 2016): http://www.dei.unipd.it/~silvello/papers/2016-DataCitation-JASIST-Silvello.pdf
2) Theory and Practice of Data Citation - A survey: http://www.dei.unipd.it/~silvello/papers/2017-JASIST_preprint_Silvello.pdf http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.23917/full
3) Data Citation: A New Provenance Challenge with Abdussalam Alawini, Susan Davidson, Gianmaria Silvello, Val Tannen and Yinjun Wu
4) Automating data citation: the eagle-i experience with Abdussalam Alawini, Leshang Chen, Susan Davidson http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7991571/
5) A Model for Fine-Grained Data Citation with Susan Davidson, Daniel Deutch, Tova Milo http://cidrdb.org/cidr2017/papers/p19-davidson-cidr17.pdf
6) "Data Citation is Coming". Introduction to the Special Issue on Data Citation with Nicola Ferro http://www.ieee-tcdl.org/Bulletin/v12n1/
7) A Methodology for Citing Linked Open Data Subsets http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january15/silvello/01silvello.html
8) A Rule-Based Citation System for Structured and Evolving Datasets with Peter Buneman