Dear RDA Community Members,
The RDA Technical Advisory Board (TAB) election polls closed yesterday (18 November) and I am delighted to announce the 5 new members elected to serve on TAB for a 3-year term:
- Christine Kirkpatrick (Americas), Executive Director US National Data Service & Division Director, Research Data Services
- Dimitris Koureas* (Europe and Africa), Director International Biodiversity Infrastructures, Naturalis Biodiversity Center
- Isabelle Perseil (Europe and Africa), CTO/IT Director INSERM
- Raed M. Sharif (Americas), Researcher International Development Research Center (IDRC)
- Frankie Stevens (Asia and Oceania), Advisor/Consultant AARNet PTY Ltd (APL)
Congratulations. I look forward to working with them and the other members of TAB who provide immense support to the RDA community.
I would like to thank Fernando Aguilar and Rob Quick who also stood for election in this round and hope that they will stand again next year.
Wenbo Chu, Steve Diggs and Larry Lannom have now officially finished their term on TAB following many years of service. On behalf of the whole RDA community I would like to thank them very, very much for the hard work, passion, expertise and dedication that they have given to RDA.
Last but not least, this year also marks a change in the TAB chairs. Andrew Treloar, ARDC, who has supported TAB since the very beginning stands down as co-chair. A new TAB co-chair, to work with Francoise Genova, will be announced soon. While Andrew stays on TAB until 2020, I am truely grateful to him for having held the role of co-chair for many years and offering his time, energy and expertise to RDA.
RDA Secretary General
*Dimitris Koureas was temporarily appointed to TAB in April 2018 to replace Ingrid Dillo who was elected to serve on the RDA Council.