At this time, the 2018 Council Nomination Committee is accepting nominations through February 5 for three open Council positions.
RDA Council maintains the vision of RDA and is responsible for the overall oversight, success, strategy and sustainability of the organization. Council Members are nominated by a Nomination Committee and approved by the general RDA membership to serve three-year terms.
Eligibility for Council positions include the following:
- Commitment to the success of RDA and focus on the benefits to RDA/international
- Experience working successfully with a stakeholder community and willingness to do the same on behalf of RDA
- Willingness to engage actively in RDA through attendance at Council meetings, Plenaries and other meetings/events
- Ability to collaborate well and respectfully with other RDA Council members, leaders and members
- Ability to represent the global RDA community, regardless of region, profession, expertise or other category
- Contribution of good judgement, strategic thinking, shared responsibility, time and attention to and in Council discussions and efforts
To nominate yourself or someone else, please send the following to Councilfirstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2018:
- Letter of nomination
- Two letters of endorsement from RDA members
- Bio of the nominee
- Description of how the nominee fits the expectations of the position
For more information on RDA’s 2018 Council Nomination process, requirements and timeline, visit https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-call-council-nominations-2018.
For more information on the role of RDA’s Council, visit https://www.rd-alliance.org/about-rda/our-leadership/rda-council.html.