Registration Now Open for “The Future of the Commons: Data, Software and Beyond…”
Registration is now open for “The Future of the Commons: Data, Software and Beyond.” To be held Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at the National Academies of Science in Washington DC, this one-day workshop for data professionals is centers on the evolving concept of the “commons” and the various challenges associated with its development. Attendees will engage with their peers and industry experts on topics including privacy, security, and the unique and shifting needs of various research communities.
Co-sponsored by CENDI, National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS) and the Research Data Alliance/US (RDA/US), and hosted by the Board on Research Data and Information and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, this workshop will include a wide array of speakers, including:
- John Wilbanks, Chief Commons Officer at Sage Bionetworks
- Dr. Michael Carroll, Professor of Law and Director, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property, American University Washington College of Law
- Dr. Robert Grossman, Chair – Open Cloud Consortium, University of Chicago, Open Data Group, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Laurie Goodman, Editor-In-Chief, GigaScience
- Dr. Maurie Kelly, DataCommons@PSU, Director of the Informatics Group at Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment, Penn State University
- Dr. Merce Crosas, Project Lead – Dataverse, Director of Data Science at the Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS) at Harvard University
For more information and to register, visit http://cendievents.infointl.com/CENDI_NFAIS_RDA_2015/wrkshp_reg.html.
Heather M. Parrish