01 December 2015
Hosted and co-organised by the Japanese Science and Technology Agency under the theme “Making data sharing work in the era of Open Science” the 7th RDA Plenary meeting will be held in Tokyo, Japan from the 1st - 3rd of March 2016.
The aim of this support programme is to facilitate the participation of active European RDA members to attend the 7th Plenary meeting in Tokyo.
The applicants should satisfy the following criteria:
- Currently actively involved in RDA working and / or Interest groups
- RDA membership country is based in Europe
- Not have other European or national financial support sufficient to cover the costs of travelling to the event (People involved in projects funded by the EC must clearly demonstrate why they cannot fund the trip on their other project)
Please Note: Organizations, institutes and their departments already receiving funding under RDA Europe 2.0 and 3.0 contracts (Contract No. 632756 and 653194) are excluded from participation
|How to Apply & Evaluation
Application period is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel from the RDA Europe Consortium and awards will be made bearing in mind the following goals:
- Achieving broad coverage of the RDA groups - https://rd-alliance.org/groups - where the support of RDA Europe will ensure that EU is well represented across a series of groups.
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
The support programme will reimburse costs of up to €2.000 per individual. A total budget of €20.000 has been made available for this support programme. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train – Return economy fares; where possible please make using of lower cost and/or special offers. Taxi / Public Transport – Wherever possible we recommend using public transport, but costs for travelling in taxi can be compensated in special cases which must be clearly justified.
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs, will be covered for a maximum of 4 nights.
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed
- No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the on-line application form by
20th December 2015 extended to 23rd December 2015, at 23:59 CET.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after 10th January 2016.