Date & Time: BREAKOUT4 Tuesday 23 Sept 2014, 11.30 – 13.00
The BoF "Libraries for Research Data" started at the 2nd plenary in Washington with 40 particpants and had roughly 60 particiants at the 3rd Pleanry in Dublin (we could not accomodate all people in the allocated room).
The BoF has a workspace at the RDA website with all required information:
https://rd-alliance.org/group/libraries-research-data.html At the 3rd plenary we focused on a specific topic, namely 'RDM SKILLS'.
At the 4th plenary it is planned to look at RESEARCH DATA SOLUTIONS IN LIBRARIES with a specific focus on the underlying organizational models. A selection of presenters will be asked reflect on the following questions:
1. Which service(s) do you provide in practice?
2. How is the service organized (staffing, reporting, oversight, finances)
3. How did you arrive at the solution(s)?
4. What are the lessons learnt?
5. How could RDA support your research data activities?
6. What is your recommendation to other libraries in one sentence (!) for establishing libraries for research data?
As a result, we will deliver a public statement on RDM service solutions in libraries with specific examples.