Meeting title: MDII & Kicking Off the WG Materials Resource Registries
Groups: IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability and WG International Materials Resource Registries
Please give a brief introduction describing the activities and scope of the group(s)
The IG MDII was founded in 2014 and aims to support the acceleration of the discovery, design, and development of advanced materials by promoting widely and freely available materials data. The recently endorsed WG on Materials Resource Registries will focus on developing the metadata standards required to establish a network of International Materials Resource Registries (IMRR) in key sub-domains and regions.
Please provide additional links to informative material related to the participating groups i.e. group pages, case statements, working documents etc
For further information see
• IG MDII wiki, https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rdacodata-materials-data-infrastructure-i...
• WG Materials Resource Registries Use Case Statement https://rd-alliance.org/group/rdacodata-materials-data-infrastructure-in...
Please list the meeting objectives
The objectives of the meeting are
• Provide brief updates on IG MDII and cognate IGs/WGs that wish to take part. Short contributions with 1-2 slides are welcome; please notify the organizer Laura Bartolo until September 1.
• Introduce & review the mission of the newly launched WG on Materials Resource Registries
• Identify partners for participating in the WG
Agenda (moderation: James Warren)
1. Short introductions of participants (5 minutes)
2. Updates of IG MDII and cognate IGs/WGs (all participants) 20 minutes
3. Introduction & discussion of mission, scope, and timeline of WG, (all participants) 55 minutes
4. Summary of the discussions (speaker names)
The minutes of the meeting will be published latest one week after the session
a) as an attachment to the session’s web page and
b) in the IG MDII wiki at https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rdacodata-materials-data-infrastructure-i...
Audience: Please specify who is your target audience and how they should prepare for the meeting
Targeted audience and how to prepare for the meeting:
For this open session we invite data practioners, policy makers, and community adopters from cognate disciplinary and technical IGs/WGs