The next RDA Plenary Meeting will be held from 23-25 September 2015 in Paris – France. The Plenary will feature a special focus on research data for climate change while continuing to drive the adoption of the RDA group outputs that tangibly accelerate progress for global data sharing and increase data-driven innovation.
All RDA members and the public are invited to become a part of a truly global endeavour to overcome the barriers to research data sharing and join the Plenary in Paris. Data experts, scientists, researchers and other professionals are encouraged to attend, and we particularly welcome students and Early Career professionals in industries related to the fields of research data sharing and exchange.
RDA Europe is offering travel and subsistence support to Early Career European Researchers & Scientists working with Data to attend the Plenary meeting. In its 4th edition, the aim of this programme is to introduce European Early Career researchers & scientists to RDA, highlight what data scientists / practitioners are doing, leverage on Early Career Researchers & Scientists knowledge to support Plenary 6 activities and support the Working Group and Interest Group activities.
Successful applicants are
- invited to display a poster summarising their studies and areas of interest during the Plenary meeting
- assigned RDA interest and / or working groups for which they are requested to attend the working meeting at the Plenary meeting
- asked to take notes and provide a summary of the meetings for internal use by the group members
- requested to write a publishable summary on the meetings to be posted as a blog / news piece on the RDA web site, referencing the applicant as the author directly
|Application & Evaluation Criteria
The applicants should satisfy the following criteria
- Currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Post Doc studies
- Study is conducted in a higher education or research institution based in Europe
- Studies are of relevance & pertinence to RDA, and cover at least one of the Working or Interest Group subjects
- Previous programme winners should not re-apply
Applications will be evaluated by members of the RDA Europe Consortium according to the following criteria:
- Area of interest (as broad a coverage of the RDA topics as possible)
- Relevance studies in reference to RDA activities (based on application answers)
- Contribution to RDA in the future & added value of winning a place (based on application answers)
- Gender balance (try to establish a good gender balance in the selection)
- Linguistic Skills (good knowledge of English will be required to generate content)
|Deadline, Notifications & How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to complete the on-line application form by
11th July 2015, extended to 20th July 2015, midnight CEST.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after 31th July 2015.
The support programme will cover the costs detailed below. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs, will be covered for a maximum of 4 nights.
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed