The Interest Group on Agricultural Data is in the process of transitioning to be one of RDA’s first Communities of Practice. In this plenary session we will provide orientation to the new CoP framework, update participants on IGAD activities, and discuss a roadmap for future IGAD membership and relationship with other CoPs and IGs both within and outside the Research Data Alliance.
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e2BNLknKsakmmSH9sD93V4BhJh8dkeILAiiRZVGICkw/edit?usp=sharing
Session chairs: Cynthia Parr, Imma Subirats, Patricia Bertin
- Welcome and introduction to the session (5’) by Cyndy Parr, Patricia Rocha Bello Bertin and Imma Subirats
- The new RDA Community of Practice (CoP) framework and use cases (15’) by Cyndy Parr/Patricia Bertin
- The upcoming RDA CoP and next steps - (5’) by Cyndy Parr
- Introduction to the Virtual IGAD Workshop, May 2021 (5’) by Imma Subirats
- Discussion among invited CoPs speakers (30’) moderated by Imma Subirats
- OGC - Karel Charvat
- CGIAR - Medha Devare
- Ag Gateway - Andres Ferreyra
- ISPA - Nicolas Tremblay
- GODAN - Andre Laperriere
- Talks will focus on:
- How does your network operate
- Who are the main participants (stakeholders)
- How knowledge sharing works within the network
- How your network could benefit from RDA participation
- How do you foresee a possible collaboration between your network and RDA through the CoP IGAD
- Q&A and Roadmap discussion (25’) – all
People whose work relates to agricultural data but who are new to IGAD, existing members of IGAD.
IGAD is a domain-oriented group working on all issues related to global agriculture data. It represents stakeholders in managing data for agricultural research and innovation, including producing, aggregating and consuming data. Beyond this IGAD promotes good practices in research with regard to data sharing policies, data management plans and data interoperability, and it is a forum for sharing experience and providing visibility to research and work in agricultural data. Has held webinars and physical and virtual sessions extending work happening during RDA plenary meetings.
Formed in 2013, IGAD has incubated a number of working groups and is now applying to be a Community of Practice.
- 723 reads