Persistent Identifier Policy, Rules of Participation, metrics and service certification: EOSC Documents open for consultation
Several documents are out for consultation from the EOSC Executive Board, a body of representatives from the research and e-infrastructures communities, appointed by the European Commission. If you have missed these, please check out the following links:
A draft Persistent Identifier Policy was released in December 2019. Various comments have been received on the PIDforum and these are now been worked into version 2 to be released in late March. The EOSC Architecture PID Task Force is also working on some accompanying implementation guidelines to be released in Summer 2020.
- Draft PID policy - https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3574203
- PID policy comments - https://www.pidforum.org/t/please-give-us-your-feedback/775
- Blog announcement - https://www.eoscsecretariat.eu/news-opinion/launch-persistent-identifier-policy-eosc
Draft Rules of Participation have just been released. A survey has been prepared to solicit comments on these. Details below.
- Draft Rules of Participation - https://repository.eoscsecretariat.eu/index.php/s/QWd7tZ7xSWJsesn#pdfviewer
- Survey - https://www.eoscsecretariat.eu/draft-eosc-rules-participation-rop-feedback-survey
The EOSC FAIR Working Group has also released two papers on metrics and service certification. Comments are welcomed on the EOSC Liaison Platform
- FAIR metrics paper - https://repository.eoscsecretariat.eu/index.php/s/C3a5WkpsFHL6GD3#pdfviewer
- Service certification paper - https://repository.eoscsecretariat.eu/index.php/s/zCnHTcytBHaLjRp#pdfviewer
- Announcement seeking comments - https://www.eoscsecretariat.eu/eosc-liaison-platform/post/interim-recommendations-fair-metrics-and-service-certification-apply
The Sustainability Working Group also released a tinman document. This is no longer open for comments as responses are currently being worked into the next Iron Lady version. The Landscape WG have also been preparing an interim report and are holding a validation workshop in March.
For more information, check the latest blogs and news via the EOSCsecretariat website: https://www.eoscsecretariat.eu/news-events-opinion/opinion