The 17th edition of OnTheMove (OTM 2018) as before is a uniquely federated event composed of three interrelated yet complementary scientific conferences that together attempt to span a relevant range of the advanced research on, and cutting-edge development and application of, information handling and systems in the wider current context of ubiquitous distributed computing.
- CoopIS'18, Cooperative Information Systems, our flagship event in its 26th edition since its inception in 1993, invites fundamental contributions on principles and applications of distributed and collaborative computing in the broadest scientific sense in workflows of networked organizations, enterprises, governments, or just communities;
- C&TC'18 (Cloud and Trusted Computing '18), is the successor of DOA (Distributed Object Applications) and focuses on critical aspects of virtual infrastructure for cloud computing, specifically spanning issues of trust, reputation, and security;
- ODBASE'18, Ontologies, Databases and Applications of SEmantics covers the fundamental study of structured and semi-structured data, including linked [open] data and big data, and the meaning of such data as is needed for today's databases; as well as the role of data and semantics in design methodologies and new applications of databases.
For 2018 the organizing committee identified a number of broad themes which naturally overlap and interact, and so emphasis and view may be different within the individual scopes of CoopIS’18, ODBASE’18, and C&TC’18.
- Aspects of data governance, compliance and privacy in ecosystems of organizations and enterprises
- Infrastructure for, and semantic use of, big data and open data on the internet in general
- Mobile issues as well as general technical aspects of secure computing as a basis for trusted use of Cloud-based IS (e.g. blockchain technology)
- Technical and scientific aspects of information systems interacting with society at large: regulation, privacy, trust, …
- Implementation and application of open innovation in ecosystems of organizations and enterprises
- Role of community-driven, semantics-based intelligence in cooperative IS
More information at http://www.otmconferences.org/