This is the webpage of the RDA Interest Group on professionalising data stewardship. The idea to create an interest group was raised in a BoF session during the 14th Plenary (Helsinki), and a first informal group of interested people was established. At the 15th Virtual Plenary, as second BoF session was organised. We are currently in the process of being endorsed.
Are you curious about our ambitions, goals and activities. Make sure to erad our charter (via the 'charter' tab on this webpage). We currently have eight active task groups, tackling the following challenges:
- a business case for data stewardship
- data stewardship terminology
- the integration of data stewardship across an organisation
- job profiles for data stewards
- training for data stewards
- career tracks for data stewards
- networking and knowledge exchange
- and certification.
Most task groups could use active engagement. Each task group/challenge has its own channel in the PDS IG Slack community, so make sure to join the channel of your interest if you want to help out (read here on how to join a channel).