status: Recognised & Endorsed
Chair (s): Rebecca Grant, Laura Molloy, Sarah Ramdeen, Hea Lim Rhee
Group Email: [group_email]
Secretariat Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
The objective of this group is to provide a welcoming space for archivists and records management professionals within RDA to share knowledge and explore issues related to research data that arise in their professional activities. We explore the areas where the principles and practices in the information disciplines of archives, records management, and research data curation overlap and where they diverge. Examining alignments in theoretical frameworks, practical implementations, and goals among these information disciplines, we determine areas where practitioners across them can learn from each other in ways that can lead to the development of a vibrant community of information professionals working across different domains.
We are determined to ensure that the large body of existing knowledge from the archives and records management spheres, much of which is pertinent to practical applications of research data management, including making and keeping data FAIR, has a presence within the RDA landscape.
- RDA 18th Plenary meeting, virtual, 10 November 2021, 16.00-17.30 UTC. Session agenda available here: https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenaries/rda-18th-plenary-meeting-virtual/ig-arprd-moving-past-forwards-shaping-our-future-ig-serve
- RDA 10th Plenary meeting in Montreal, September 2017. Session overview available here: https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-archives-and-records-professionals-research-data-rda-10th-plenary-meeting
- RDA 9th Plenary meeting in Barcelona, April 2017. Session overview available here: https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-archives-and-records-professionals-research-data-rda-9th-plenary-meeting
- RDA 8th Plenary meeting in Denver, September 2016. Session overview available here: https://rd-alliance.org/ig-archives-and-records-professionals-research-data-rda-8th-plenary-meeting
- RDA 7th Plenary meeting in Tokyo, March 2016. Session overview available here: https://rd-alliance.org/ig-archives-and-records-professionals-research-data.html
- The group met for the first time during the RDA 6th Plenary meeting in Paris, September 2015. Session overview available here: https://rd-alliance.org/convergences-archives-records-management-and-research-data-curation-p6-bof-session.html