There is no such content in this group

Posts

03
July
2015

Legal Interoperability: Notes from today's call, Balance and Metadata

by Simon Hodson

Dear all, Thank you for an extremely interesting and productive discussion today. I felt that real progress was made. Please find below my notes from the call. Dear all, Thank you for an extremely interesting and productive discussion today. I felt that real progress was made. Please find below my notes from the call. ACTIONS > Willi will revise #2 Balance in the light of Paul’s redline document and Bob’s comments. > Enrique and Gail will revise #5 Metadata in the light of the extensive discussion, possibly splitting it into two parts?
1 | Add new comment
03
July
2015

Re: Legal Interoperability TeleCon, GoToMeeting Details, Friday 3 July, 13.00 UTC

by Simon Hodson

By way of a reminder, here are the details for the call starting in a few minutes. S. ___________________________ Geoffrey Boulton, ‘Open Data and the Future of Science’: http://www.codata.org/news/43/62/Geoffrey-Boulton-ANDS-Webinar-Open-Data... Data Science Journal: http://datascience.codata.org/ ___________________________
0 | Add new comment
03
July
2015

RE: PRINCIPLE 5

by ENRIQUE ALONSO GARCIA

This notice is only to let you all know that Gail and I have revisited the metadata principle 5 after taking into account very recent developments (mainly DPLA-Europeana) and draft 2 is also already in the wiki doc.. Take care you all ________________________________ De: simon=***@***.***-groups.org [simon=***@***.***-groups.org] En nombre de Simon Hodson [***@***.***] Enviado el: martes, 30 de junio de 2015 11:06
0 | Add new comment
30
June
2015

Legal Interoperability TeleCon, GoToMeeting Details, Friday 3 July, 13.00 UTC

by Simon Hodson

Dear colleagues, Please find below and as an attachment the GoTo Meeting details for our call on Friday 3 July at the usual time of 13.00 UTC. The details for GoToMeeting are the same but I shall continue to forward them. Best wishes, Simon. CODATA-RDA Legal Interoperability Group Call, Friday 3 July 2015, 13.00-14.00 UTC Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/167283397 You can also dial in using your phone.
1 | Add new comment
29
June
2015

Visionaries of 120 years ago.

by Jean Bernard Minster

Friends: In Belgium, 1895 (120 years ago), Paul Otlet and Henri La Fontaine, two bibliographers dreamed up the Mundaneum project: “Understand the World through Data”. Even if you don’t read French, have a look and contemplate the pictures. Astounding similarities to Internet, Wikipedia, WDS, Knowledge network, etc! Otlet is considered by some as the intellectual father of the Internet. La Fontaine go the Nobel Peace Prize in 1913. Together, they invented the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) system. Thought you might enjoy it. Cheers,
0 | Add new comment
26
June
2015

I am sorry!

by Jean Bernard Minster

All: I am sorry I missed today’s telecon. I intended to attend, but got tangled up in a process to stall a bill that already passed the California Assembly, and is now in the California Senate. That bill is written so that most citizens could not understand the fact its lofty aim to produce affordable housing actually results primarily in much denser (by as much as 35%) market-rate housing. This bill was written in the time-honored American democratic standard: Of developers, By developers, For developers.
3 | Add new comment
26
June
2015

AW: [rda-legalinterop-ig] Legal Interoperability telcon this Friday the 26th

by Christoph Bruch

Dear All, I did not have time to update my part (transparency) since last week. Sorry Christoph Christoph Bruch Helmholtz Association Helmholtz Open Science Coordination Office W: http://oa.helmholtz.de M: +49 (0)151 14 09 39 68 Von: pfuhlir=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] Im Auftrag von puhlir Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 03:18
0 | Add new comment
24
June
2015

Legal Interoperability telcon this Friday the 26th

by Paul Uhlir

Dear all: As we agreed, we will have another telcon this Friday at the usual time. Simon will send around the logistical info for the GoToMeeting connection. We will discuss the issues raised in Donat's message and how to respond appropriately in our documents. We also will revisit Implementation Guidelines #s 2, 3, and 4. Hopefully, at least one will be updated, based on the comments in the calls of the recent past. We will not discuss #s 5 and 6 because Gail had a bicycle accident recently and will not be on the call this week.
4 | Add new comment
22
June
2015

thoughts regarding the direction of the LegalInteroperabilityGroup

by Donat Agosti

Dear colleagues Following our last discussions regarding legal interoperability, I wonder whether we might have lost the direction and goal of our groups goal. We increasingly get entangled in our current situation of complex copyright law, different interpretations thereof, understanding by lawyers, administrators and scientists of copyright law, and trying to make something out of our past rather than looking into the future where we do want to interoperate.
2 | Add new comment

Pages