Materials Data Joint Meeting
Collaborative Notes Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15oVOxc4izyXErNF9M_zzkJlMK0beLzjrvxKd...
1. Discussion about IMRR submitted final report and possible transition to a task group, 15 minutes, Chandler Becker and Ray Plante, NIST
2. Presentation & update of Informal Task Group on Materials Semantic Assets, 15 minutes, Zach Trautt, NIST; Leopold Talirz, EPFL; Vasily Bunakov, STFC
3. Panel Discussion with regional representatives on challenges and goals for materials data community, 30 minutes
Quan Qian, Computer Science, Shanghai University
Gretchen Greene, Office of Data Informatics, National Institute of Science & Technology
Moderator: Zach Trautt, National Institute of Science & Technology
1. Discuss submitted final report of IMRR WG and possible next steps
2. Present updates on Task Group on Materials Semantic Assets Informal Task Group
3. Hold general discussions with TBD RDA interdisciplinary IG
The Materials Data, Infrastructure, & Interoperability (MDII) was founded in 2013; the The International Materials Resource Registries Working Group was established in 2017 and submitted its Final Report at the end of 2019. The Materials Ontology Task Group and the Semantics Assets Task Groups were established separately in 2018. Together these groups are developing a coordinated effort for an interoperable materials data infrastructure.
The Materials Data, Infrastructure, & Interoperability (MDII) was founded in 2013 and aims to foster exchange of computational & experimental materials data through shared online repositories, standardized formats/terminologies & open programming interfaces. The International Materials Resource Registries Working Group focused on developing the metadata standards required to establish a network of IMRRs in key sub-domains and regions.
The Materials Ontology Task Group is part of the focus of the Materials Data Interest Group and concentrates on upper level ontology use/best practices/issues for materials as demonstrated in existing domain ontologies.
- 802 reads