RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability IG (Remote Access Instructions)
Meeting Location: Commonwealth B
Meeting Presentations: https://northwestern.box.com/s/3w3tetvhyshpzgr8pla1i0mk3vyrf3lp
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SChnF3D42hco8lDSb83bEvbGAv5_F32pQCO2UVCFFSs/edit
Remote Access Instructions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/p13-gotomeeting-commonwealth-b
Short introduction describing the scope of the group and if any previous activities
The Materials Data, Infrastructure, & Interoperability (MDII) was founded in 2013 and aims to foster exchange of computational & experimental materials data through shared online repositories, standardized formats/terminologies, & open programming interfaces.
Additional links to informative material related to the group
IMRR WG: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/working-group-internattional-materials-re...
1. Discussions about RDA/CODATA Materials Data
2. Explore materials ontologies and possibilities of establishing a Working Group
3. Expanding regional representation of co-chairs
1. Discussion about RDA/CODATA Materials Data, 5 minutes
2. Presentation & discussion about materials ontologies as part of the scope of the IG,15 minutes
3. Discussion about establishing a Working Group on Materials Ontologies 60 minutes
(a) upper level ontology use/best practices/issues for materials as demonstrated in existing domain ontologies and
(b) recommendations on a governance system of defined domain branches with the aim of capturing all aspects of materials in a common or core ontology.
4) Discussion and nominations to expand regional representation of co-chairs, 10 minutes
Group chair serving as contact person
Type of meeting
Remote Access Instructions