Biodiversity data repositories: Certification and practical policies
The RDA/WDS Certification of Digital Repositories IG focuses on long-term preservation of data in sustainable digital repositories. Data that are created and used by science and scholarship need to be managed, curated and archived, making sure that the substantial investments in preparing and presenting the content and tools will not be lost. Certification is fundamental in guaranteeing the trustworthiness of digital repositories and thus in sustaining the opportunities for long-term data sharing.
The Practical Policy WG focuses on bringing together practitioners in policy making and policy implementation; Identifying typical application scenarios for policies such as replication, preservation etc.; Collecting and to registering practical policies and; Enabling sharing, revising, adapting, and re-using of computer actionable policies.
RDA page: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/biodiversity-data-integration-ig.html
RDA/WDS Certification of Digital Repositories IG
RDA page: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rdawds-certification-digital-repositories...
Practical Policy WG
RDA page: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/practical-policy-wg.html
The key objectives of the meeting are to:
- Assess the potential value of certification and practical policy RDA outputs to Biodiversity data repositories;
- Establish a communication channel between the respective technical groups and domain stakeholders;
- Identify adopters and plan pilot implementations.
1. Intro [rationale and goals of session] (5 min)
2. Practical Policies WG outputs (10 min)
3. Certification IG/WG outputs (10 min)
4. Biodiversity data repositories landscape (10 min)
5. Structured discussion [list of questions relating to outputs] (45 min)
6. Conclusions and action items (10 min)
- Data repository certification;
- Computer actionable policies and data quality;
- Biodiversity and other domain data repositories.
Participants would be expected to be familiar with:
1. WG Practical Policy outputs
2. RDA/WDS Certification of Digital Repositories IG activities and related WGs outputs
3.Biodiversity data repositories. Examples of repositories: http://gbif.org/, http://data.nhm.ac.uk/, http://eol.org/, http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/.