Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group
The sUAS Data IG is focused on identifying the data challenges in using small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS or ‘drones’) for scientific data collection, and fostering collaborations to solve these challenges and realise the full value of this valuable new sensor platform. Up until now we have met three times previously (P9, P10, P11). https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/small-unmanned-aircraft-systems%E2%80...
(1) Connect more with the well established and growing drone community in Africa.
(2) Report back from Drones4Good pre-event
(3) Discuss future possible directions for the IG
- Introduction: IG Recap on sector context
- Report back from Drones4Good pre-event
- Update on Minimal Information Framework for sUAS
- Example of a community that is dealing with similar issues very well: OceanIDs
- Ideas seeding and discussion about possible practical next steps
Please specify who is your target audience and how they should prepare for the meeting
- Drone users for scientific data collection
- Those interested in addressing data challenges within a “new and emerging technologies” context
- Representatives from other RDA groups who would like to work with us on practical tools for FAIR sensor data
Group chair serving as contact person
Jane Wyngaard, Lindsay Barbieri