03 January 2016
Date & time: Tuesday 1st March - 11:30 - 13:00 - Working Meeting Session 1
Location: Room 102
Meeting title: Persistent Identifier Interest Group Session
Group homepage: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/pid-interest-group.html
The pervasive use of persistent identifiers is seen as a foundational element in anchoring and referencing research data in an interoperable way. The purpose of the Persistent Identifier Interest Group is to synchronize identifier-related efforts, address important and emerging PID-related topics and coordinate activities, including appropriate RDA Working Groups, to practically solve PID-related issues from the engaged communities.
The purpose of this session is to provide an opportunity for stakeholders to communicate and discuss current cross-cutting persistent identifier initiatives.
- PID Infrastructure: Update on the THOR Project (Laura Rueda, Adrian Burton)
- PID Interoperability in Action: Crossref, DataCite, and ORCID Auto-Update (Nobuko Miyairi, Martin Fenner)
- Organization IDs: Call for Community Action (Nobuko Miyairi)
- Open Microphone session: RDA and community PID initiatives
- Data Publishing WG / Data Services WG: Hylke Koers, Adrian Burton
- EUDAT PID policies: Tobias Weigel
- Grant IDs: Adrian Burton, Martin Fenner
- IGSN: Kerstin Lehnert
- Handle.net/ePIC: Ulrich Schwardmann
- FIM IG: Daan Broeder
- General discussion
The intended audience is anyone or any organization interested in or currently engaged in initiatives involving persistent identifiers as a component of research information infrastructure.
Laurel Haak, Nobuko Miyairi, Adrian Burton, Tobias Weigel