Meeting title: Health Data Privacy & Security issues
Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group
The Health Data IG (HDIG) has been officialy approved and it is the only RDA group focusing on the intricacies of Health Data, especially as it relates to privacy and security issues in Healthcare.
The aim of this inaugural meeting as official interest group is to discuss the organisation and working programme of the HD IG to address the priority topics and objectives highlighted in the charter: Privacy and Security in Health Data, Data-based Healthcare for Personalised Medicine, Health Data Organisations environment.
Additional links to informative material related to your group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc
Health Data Interest Group page: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/health-data.html
Health Data updated IG Charter (taking into account the TAB comments): https://rd-alliance.org/group/health-data/case-statement/health-data.html
Interest Group objectives
• Discuss the objectives highlighted in the charter and prioritize the focus of the interest group in the Healthcare data domain
• Create a roadmap indicating the first steps to be implemented to address the priority objective
• Create consensus on the priority topics to be communicated
• Attract more members beyond the EU, including members with clinical expertise
Meeting Chair and moderator: Yannis Ioannidis - Athena Research Center and University of Athens, co-Chair
1. Short introduction of the Interest Group, updated Charter overview - 15', Yannis Ioannidis - Athena Research Center and University of Athens, co-Chair
2. Data-driven medicine - Challenges and opportunities - 25', Anthony C. Chang, Children's Hospital of Orange County, co-Chair
3. Open discussion to identify priority focus actions and gaps, All participants, 40'
4. Summary of the results and next steps, Edwin Morley-Fletcher, Lynceus - co-Chair and Yannis Ioannidis, 10'
Clinicians wanting to use data technology to improve practice, Biomedical researchers using data heavy analytical techniques, Healthcare Data Analytics with data mining, machine learning, physiological modelling and image processing expertise, HPC and distributed computing experts, Policy-makers for Healthcare, Health bioinformatics legal experts, Healthcare administrators and Health Maintenance Organisations, Pharmaceutical industry researchers and manufacturers, Medical equipment researchers and manufacturers, In silico modelling, testing and clinical trial experts, participants form other related WG/IG.
Short contributions with 1-2 slides are welcome; please notify the organisers Yannis Ioannidis, Edwin Morley-Fletcher, Ludovica Durst and Fotis Karayannis until September 1st
Yannis Ioannidis <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Edwin Morley-Fletcher <email@example.com>; Ludovica Durst <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Fotis Karayannis <email@example.com>.
Secretariat liaison: Fotis Karagiannis