Meeting title Data Fabric Core Session
Please give a short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group
At the Tokyo meeting new activities in the realm of DFIG have been agreed upon requiring a discussion how far we are, whether all activities are coherent and whether all activities can be managed. The Core DFIG Session will focus on the advancements of the discussions in the realm of the DFIG:
1. Overview about state of activities of DFIG and reflections on active email debate.
2. Finish the Repository Registry Case Statement based on the comments received including Johannes Reetz, Michael Witt and Herman Stehouwer
3. TAB LOG analysis will be discussed in detail to look for synergies (see also special session request)
4. State of Components Discussion and configuration building (see also special session request)
5. State of Guidelines/Recommendations Discussion (see also special session request)
Please provide additional links to informative material related to your group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc Refs: https://rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig.html
Please list the meeting objectives
• further clarify the scope of DFIG and its relationship with other groups
• update group members on activities and set foci
• consolidate running activities and identify further steps
• discuss eventually new WG initiatives
• discuss DFIG work mechanism and and their responsibilities
• discuss participant and email issues
As it is used in DFIG sessions short presentations will set the scene and will be followed by discussions.
• DFIG Co-chairs will give a short overview, show relationships, look for synergies between groups and discuss this
• DFIG Co-chairs will give the overview of the running activities, and further plans of DFIG
• co-chairs will present and discuss Repository Registry Case Statement and form a WG
• co-chairs will present and discuss component landscape and configuration building
• co-chairs will present and discuss state of Guidelines/Recommendations
Audience: Please specify who is your target audience and how they should prepare for the meeting
All members of DFIG and those interested in the topics are welcome. DFIG is an open forum to also always look for dedicated activities.
A report will be written and published via the DFIG site.
Group chair serving as contact person Alan Blatecky, Peter Wittenberg, Zhu Yunqiang