1100-1230, 1330-1500, and 1530-1700 on Thursday 27 march
Sessions One and Two:
The Research Data Alliance – CODATA Interest Group on Legal Interoperability of Research Data (RDA-CODATA IG on Legal Interoperability), addresses and promotes the following objectives:
1) Define legal interoperability of research data and articulate why it is important for data interoperability and reuse.
2) Document and analyze case studies in the areas of geoscience, biodiversity research, social sciences, and humanities of legal interoperability issues and solutions in interdisciplinary and international contexts.
3) Develop and publish core principles and guidelines of best practices through which legal interoperability can be achieved, and link to related information resources online.
4) Work with key stakeholder groups to get the core principles and guidelines of best practices adopted.
5) Generally promote better understanding and greater use by the stakeholder groups in the research community of the agreed approaches to legal interoperability of research data, focused on highlighting and enabling better integration and reuse of such data.
The RDA-CODATA IG on Legal Interoperatbility will hold a three-session meeting at the 3rd RDA Plenary meeting in Dublin in March 2014. The first two back-to-back sessions will be focused on getting preliminary reports on eight case studies and discussing them. A third session will review other activities of the IG and plan next steps to be accomplished by the 4th RDA Plenary meeting in September.
Session chair: Paul F. Uhlir
Rapporteur: Pawel Kamocki
Session One, Review of Case Studies, 11:00-12:30
11:00 Introductions and welcoming remarks Paul Uhlir
11:10 Case Study #1: CLARIN Pawel Kamocki
11:30 Case Study #2: Plazi Donat Agosti and Willi Egloff
11:50 Case Study #3: CReATIVE-B Wouter Los
12:10 Case Study #4: iMarine Aureliano Gentile
Session Two, Review of Case Studies, 13:30-15:00
13:30 Case Study #5: All-Island Research Observatory Tracey Lauriault
13:50 Case Study #6: Digital Repository of Ireland Tracey Lauriault
14:10 Case Study #7: Cybercartographic Atlases Tracey Lauriault
- Discussion (see - http://www.slideshare.net/TraceyLauriault/tk-and-cybercartography-geocon...) Starts on slide 8
14:30 A Standards Perspective for Enabling Interoperability Patrice Lyons
14:50 Wrap up on the Legal Interoperability Case Studies Paul Uhlir
Session Three, Planning Next Steps, 15:30-17:00
15:30 Overview of activities of the Legal Interoperability IG Paul Uhlir
15:40 Case Study #8: The Polar Research Commons Mark Parsons
16:00 Roundtable discussion of plans
- [details TBD]
16:50 Final observations and summary of actions Paul Uhlir
17:00 Breakout meeting sessions end
For more information about the RDA-CODATA IG on Legal Interoperability, please see: