The C3DIS program is out now: http://www.c3dis.com/2020-program And yes, the drones BoF is on Tuesday from 11.15 am to 12.35 pm.
From: <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of jwyngaard via Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems’ Data IG <***@***.***-groups.org>
Reply to: "***@***.***" <***@***.***>
Date: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 at 2:13 am
To: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems’ Data IG <***@***.***-groups.org>, "***@***.***-groups.org" <***@***.***-groups.org>, Early Career and Engagement IG <***@***.***-groups.org>
Subject: [dronedata][early_career_and_engagement][weldd] EU funding and Melbourne P15 sessions of interest
2 quick updates:
1. If you're EU based and early career check out the funding options for travel to Melbourn P15 below
2. There will be 3 sessions of possible interest in Melbourn P15:
* As decided at Helsinki we're spinning off a WG: Working Group on Ethical and Legal best practices for Drone Data in a global research context (WELDD). To prep for this there are 2 scheduled pre-webinars (Recordings will be made available).
* Ethical and Legal considerations operating drones in the European Union: Details here, Wed 5 Feb, good for EU and Perth time zones
* Ethical and Legal considerations operating drones in the USA: Details here, Wed 19 Feb, good for USA and Melbourne time zones
* We're running a joint session with the Research Data Management In Engineering IG
* C3DIS is an Australian conference that will be co-located with RDA P15. Our Australian colleagues are running a half day workshop focused not just on data but all things related to drone use for research. The official program isn't yet out but likely will be on the Tuesday and looks like it will be a really great opportunity to create new collaborations and discuss a range of efforts we can all use (workflow & algorithm development, Cyber infrastructure for ! drone, sensor qualification, and data....)
Looking forward to seeing you there
Jane Wyngaard, PhD
Embedded Systems Engineer & Data Technologist
Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame
The RDA Europe project is running a final round of Open Calls for the Early Career and Expert grants. 7 Early Careers and 5 Experts travel grants of EUR 2400 are being offered to support participation to the 15th RDA Plenary meeting (18-20 March 2020, Melbourne, Australia).
The Expert grants might be of particular interest to you as their goal is to support individuals like yourselves, chairs of RDA Working and Interest groups, who have a strong interest in RDA, and are drivers behind the work of RDA and adopters of its results. The Early Career grants might also be of interest to students and collaborators you work with.
More information and the links to the Open Call pages are available below. Deadline for application is the 3rd February 2020 at 17:00 CET.
Many thanks and best regards,
RDA Europe is offering up to 7 Early Careers and 5 Experts grants designed to support participation to the 15th RDA Plenary meeting (18-20 March 2020, Melbourne, Australia)
Call for Early Career Researchers and Scientists working with Data - https://grants.rd-alliance.org/OpenCalls/call-early-careers-rda-15th-ple...
RDA Europe is seeking applications from students and early career professionals from higher education or research institutions with studies focusing on research data sharing and exchange challenges. The Early Career support programme will offer up to seven grants of maximum €2400. The RDA Europe Early Career programme provides financial support as well as an opportunity for early career researchers working with data to share ideas, experiences and practical advice, and learn what leading data scientists and practitioners in their fields are currently working on.
Call for Researchers and Data Experts - https://grants.rd-alliance.org/OpenCalls/call-experts-rda-15th-plenary
The purpose of the expert grants is to encourage and support participation of individuals who have a strong interest in RDA, and are drivers or adopters of the RDA outputs to enable data sharing by or from their project or organization. If you are a mid-career or senior data professional or scientist, interested or already committed to RDA activities you can apply for one of five grants of maximum €2400 to support your participation to the 15th Plenary meeting.
The submission deadline for both is the 3rd of February 2020, 17:00 CET.
RDA Europe aims for balanced distribution of grants across all European regions and strongly encourages applicants from EU13 countries in this final call for Early Careers and Experts available under the RDA Europe 4.0 project. EU13 countries are: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Timea Biro | Project Manager, Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy | 19 Dawson St. Dublin 2
***@***.*** | @dri_ireland | www.dri.ie
The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection
Rda-eu-chairs mailing list
Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/early-career-and-engagement-ig/post/fw...
Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/67507
Re: [dronedata][early_career_and_engagement][weldd] EU funding and Melbourne P15 sessions of interest
You are here