RDARI IG VC 26.6.2018
You are here
RDARI web meeting
Time: 26.6.2018, 15:00 (UTC) (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20180626T15000...)
Participants: Stephan Hachinger, James Wilson, Ville Tenhunen
Minutes of the meeting:
The last check of the charter before communicating the TAB and RDA Secretariat. latest version is in the attachment of this page and here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pQ_vMVs6P3t5mRsWTiHPQkqWsk8dsfBE/view?u...
Here is the RDA TAB comments to the first draft of the charter: https://rd-alliance.org/group/rda-technical-advisory-board-tab/wiki/rese...
Decision: Group decided to accept all Keith's changes and send the new revision of the charter to the RDA TAB with comments. Group also discussed how to broaden the membership to Asia and to other countries. Group admit that nowadays group is little bit too eurocentric and the broadening is an important issue. However there is not any easy trick which make this issue solved, but group have to openly comminicate with different groups and recognize potential new members from these countries. Ville organize the answer and the new version to the TAB.
2. Session application for the P12
Check the situation. Updated version of the application information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nYyWKJfYxl9sbOOll0WmE7UK_t1uhR94gEas...
Decision: Group made some changes to the plans and decide to make an application for the break out session in the RDA P12 in Gaborone. Ville will make the application.
3. Governance survey
Let's continue discussion about it.
- Here is the simple sheet for the questions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ykmcqUi3LmpthpFzdlhV8yDQibPtiYG...
- Here is some questions written by Ilya and Ville in Berlin Plenary: https://rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/attachment/Survey%20of%20Inf...
Step 1: FIND A COLLABORATION TOOL
* To collect the questions for the survey
* Possibility to support an already proposed question ("+1").
* Possibility to discuss an already proposed question ("comments").
Step 2: TEST
* Add a few questions to test it
* Use the test to found out what questions members of RDARI-IG find
* Review first results
* Compile a list of persons which we want to ask to participate in the
collection of questions
Step 3: COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
* Ask to participate in collection of questions (mails, personal networks)
* Steer participation
Step 4: COMPILE A FIRST SURVEY
* Iterate over questions: aggregate, edit and propose a version for the
* Discuss survey with members of RDARI-IG
* Compile a list of people/institutions that should answer the survey
Step 5: EXECUTE THE SURVEY
* Ask to participate in the survey
* Steer participation
Step 6: COMPILE A SURVEY REPORT
* Iterate over answers: aggregate, quantify, plot
* Present answers on RDA web-page and other dissemination channels.
MAPPING OF STEPS TO DATES
| What? | When? |
| STEP 1 - FIND A COLLABORATION TOOL | End Jul '18 |
| STEP 2 - TEST | Mid Aug '18 |
| STEP 3 - COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS | End Sep '18 |
| STEP 4 - COMPILE A FIRST SURVEY | Mid Oct '18 |
| PLENARY GABARONE - ADVERTISE SURVEY | Beg Nov '18 |
| STEP 5 - EXECUTE THE SURVEY | Mid Jan '19 |
| STEP 6 - COMPILE A SURVEY REPORT | Mid Feb '19 |
| PLENARY PHILADELPHIA - PRESENT RESULTS | Beg Apr '19 |
Ants Finke commented (26.6.2018):
"But I read the charter and the Road Map - it looks very good.
A thought, that came to me while reading: I guess it could be necessary, that practise reports should be given in relationship to the various conditions & requirements (e.g. distributed experiments vs. central, many small amounts of research data vs. some "big" data, and so on). So it could be useful to define some categories to make the requirements comparable between the different institutes and service providers."
Conclusions and decisions:
- Group descided to promote possibility to propose questions to the governance survey here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ykmcqUi3LmpthpFzdlhV8yDQibPtiYG...
- Stephan started to add some questions from AlpEnDAC.eu (https://www.alpendac.eu/) infrastructure survey and from Ants Finke comment to the Google Sheet
- One possible source for the questions is also EUNIS Bencheit Task Force (http://www.eunis.org/task-forces/benchmarking/), Ville will contact Bencheit group
- Questions written by Ilya and Ville in Berlin Plenary will be added in to the sheet, Ville aks Ilya if he had still original and editable version available
- Before step 2 we have to categorise questions and make them to the form of the survey, because it is important that the answerers have a right picture about the survey (this is on discussion on next web meeting in mid August)
Next web meeting will take place mid August. Ville creates the Doodle in the near future.
- 1520 reads