RDARI IG VC 20.6.2018
You are here
Minutes for the 20 June 2018 IG meeting:
Time: 20 June 2018 at 8:00 UTC 
Place: https://call.lifesizecloud.com/2001178218 (Other information )
Participants: Tobias Weber, Stephan Hachinger, Stephan Hachinger, Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn, Keith Russell, James Wilson, Ville Tenhunen, Nicole Giliard
1. Charter, final discussion about the new version of the IG charter
Here is the current version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLZ7Syd2sj-UMDN6Jn979UUyIzyPwNfv/view
We have asked IG members to comment, add or remove before 15th June 2018 via email list. We have not any comments.
Keith have some lines to add to the text and we agreed that Keith send these changes via email.
2. IG program in the RDA 12th Plenary session
Discussion about the prorgam in Gaborone.
Here is the draft of the 12th Plenary Group Session Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nYyWKJfYxl9sbOOll0WmE7UK_t1uhR94gEas...
Group decide that the session have a topic and it is "Storage architectures and use cases".
Following case statement presentationd, or promises to ask, discussed in the meeting:
Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn and Tobias Weber promised presentations. Keith Russell and James Wilson promised to ask some collagues to give a presentation. If it is needed, Ville could give a presentation about UH's EUDAT archituctures.
3. Joint actions with the Data fabric IG
Ville has send day before this meeting email to the co-chair Tobias Weigel.
4. Governance survey
Tobias Weber has prepared the road map . We discussed about collecting the questions and aims of the survey. We decide to continue discussion in the next web meeting ann Ville promised to open Google docs for the collecting the questions.
Next discussion on 26 June 15:00 UTC .
Technical coordinates for the meeting are:
You're invited to call RDARI on Lifesize.
Connect over video
Join with your web browser (Chrome, IE11): https://call.lifesizecloud.com/2001178218
Other ways to call: https://call.lifesizecloud.com/otherways/2001178218
Call in by phone
Finland: +358 8 41541375 extension 2001178218
Step 1: FIND A COLLABORATION TOOL
* To collect the questions for the survey
* Possibility to support an already proposed question ("+1").
* Possibility to discuss an already proposed question ("comments").
Step 2: TEST
* Add a few questions to test it
* Use the test to found out what questions members of RDARI-IG find
* Review first results
* Compile a list of persons which we want to ask to participate in the
collection of questions
Step 3: COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
* Ask to participate in collection of questions (mails, personal networks)
* Steer participation
Step 4: COMPILE A FIRST SURVEY
* Iterate over questions: aggregate, edit and propose a version for the
* Discuss survey with members of RDARI-IG
* Compile a list of people/institutions that should answer the survey
Step 5: EXECUTE THE SURVEY
* Ask to participate in the survey
* Steer participation
Step 6: COMPILE A SURVEY REPORT
* Iterate over answers: aggregate, quantify, plot
* Present answers on RDA web-page and other dissemination channels.
MAPPING OF STEPS TO DATES
| What? | When? |
| STEP 1 - FIND A COLLABORATION TOOL | End Jul '18 |
| STEP 2 - TEST | Mid Aug '18 |
| STEP 3 - COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS | End Sep '18 |
| STEP 4 - COMPILE A FIRST SURVEY | Mid Oct '18 |
| PLENARY GABARONE - ADVERTISE SURVEY | Beg Nov '18 |
| STEP 5 - EXECUTE THE SURVEY | Mid Jan '19 |
| STEP 6 - COMPILE A SURVEY REPORT | Mid Feb '19 |
| PLENARY PHILADELPHIA - PRESENT RESULTS | Beg Apr '19 |
- 1695 reads