Virtual Meeting on December 18th , 2017 at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC)

05 Dec 2017

Dear members of the Repository Platforms for Research Data IG,

we want to invite you to our next virtual meeting on Monday, December 18th, 2017 at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC).
We will use Adobe Connect at https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/r3rrgu81oj5

We would like to prepare our next plenary session. As Working Groups (WGs) are at the heart of RDA we would like to discuss at the RDA 11th Plenary whether there are possibilities for topics from our IG to establish new WGs. One idea is to look at our matrix and the requirements that it lists and whether one or some of those requirements could be the focus of a WG. During the virtual meeting, we would like to prepare for the discussion by taking a look at the matrix to find some candidate requirements to be considered as well as other ideas for future WG activities.

Here is the link to the matrix:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-research-data-ig/...

Regards,
Robert Downs
Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn
João Rocha da Silva

  • Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn's picture

    Author: Ralph Müller-Pf...

    Date: 18 Dec, 2017

    Hi folks,

    we just started the meeting. If you want you can still join us.

    Regards,
    Ralph

    Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn schrieb am 05.12.2017 um 09:05:
    > Dear members of the Repository Platforms for Research Data IG,
    >
    > we want to invite you to our next virtual meeting on Monday, December 18th, 2017 at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC).
    > We will use Adobe Connect at https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/r3rrgu81oj5
    >
    > We would like to prepare our next plenary session. As Working Groups (WGs) are at the heart of RDA we would like to discuss at the RDA 11th Plenary whether there are possibilities for topics from our IG to establish new WGs. One idea is to look at our matrix and the requirements that it lists and whether one or some of those requirements could be the focus of a WG. During the virtual meeting, we would like to prepare for the discussion by taking a look at the matrix to find some candidate requirements to be considered as well as other ideas for future WG activities.
    >
    > Here is the link to the matrix:
    > https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-research-data-ig/...
    >
    > Regards,
    > Robert Downs
    > Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn
    > João Rocha da Silva
    >

  • João Rocha da Silva's picture

    Author: João Rocha da Silva

    Date: 18 Dec, 2017

    I missed those details. I am installing Adobe Connect right now!

    *João Rocha da Silva *
    Invited Auxiliary Professor -- Dendro
    Lead Developer -- Research Data
    Management
    Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto, Portugal

    *ORCID*: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9659-6256 *GitHub*:
    https://github.com/silvae86

    On 18 December 2017 at 12:14:58, muepfeff (
    ralph.mueller-pfefferkorn@tu-dresden.de) wrote:

    Hi folks,

    we just started the meeting. If you want you can still join us.

    Regards,
    Ralph

    Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn schrieb am 05.12.2017 um 09:05:
    > Dear members of the Repository Platforms for Research Data IG,
    >
    > we want to invite you to our next virtual meeting on Monday, December
    18th, 2017 at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC).
    > We will use Adobe Connect at https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/r3rrgu81oj5
    >
    > We would like to prepare our next plenary session. As Working Groups
    (WGs) are at the heart of RDA we would like to discuss at the RDA 11th
    Plenary whether there are possibilities for topics from our IG to establish
    new WGs. One idea is to look at our matrix and the requirements that it
    lists and whether one or some of those requirements could be the focus of a
    WG. During the virtual meeting, we would like to prepare for the discussion
    by taking a look at the matrix to find some candidate requirements to be
    considered as well as other ideas for future WG activities.
    >
    > Here is the link to the matrix:
    >
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-research-data-ig/...
    >
    > Regards,
    > Robert Downs
    > Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn
    > João Rocha da Silva
    >

    --
    Full post:
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-research-data-ig/...
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post:
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/58163

  • Robert Downs's picture

    Author: Robert Downs

    Date: 18 Dec, 2017

    Please find my notes, below.

    RPRD IG Telecon Notes

    Attendees
    Ralph Muller-Pfefferkorn
    Joao Rocha da Silva
    Robert
    Rolf Krahl

    Possible ideas for new WGs to be discussed during RPRD IG Meeting:

    Policy Support:
    What policies should be supported?
    What such policies should looke like?
    Are there generic levels or stages for policies to be supported by a
    repository?
    What such support would look like?
    Policies to support customized licenses or download or access conditions.
    Are there other license conditions or access policies that need to be
    supported?
    What kinds of repository support for policy requirements are needed by the
    community?
    In which stage of the data lifecycle would polices need to be supported by
    the repository?
    Define workflows or processes for a repository to support specific policies.

    Publication:
    Which statistics are needed? Downloads?
    What types of impact might be measured by the repository?
    Which collections are being used?
    There is currently a data usage metrics WG.

    Submission:
    Possible idea to extend work of current WG, which is looking at import and
    export mechanisms and packaging.
    API to extract data for export or to ingest data from another repository.
    Automatically ingest data into repository.

    Enable capabilities to analyze data.

    Annotation:
    Repository could allow public annotation of a dataset.
    Community annotations.

    Policy Support
    What should be recorded in a provenance record.
    Capabilities for adopting a particular provenance schema within a
    repository.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    Robert R. Downs, PhD
    Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
    Acting Head of Cyberinfrastructure and Informatics Research and Development
    Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
    The Earth Institute, Columbia University
    P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
    Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
    E-mail: rdowns@ciesin.columbia.edu
    Columbia University CIESIN Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
    ORCID: 0000-0002-8595-5134

    On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 7:32 AM, jrocha wrote:

    > I missed those details. I am installing Adobe Connect right now!
    >
    > *João Rocha da Silva *
    > Invited Auxiliary Professor -- Dendro
    > Lead Developer -- Research Data
    > Management
    > Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto, Portugal
    >
    > *ORCID*: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9659-6256 *GitHub*: https:/
    > /github.com/silvae86
    >
    > On 18 December 2017 at 12:14:58, muepfeff (ralph.mueller-pfefferkorn@tu-
    > dresden.de) wrote:
    >
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > we just started the meeting. If you want you can still join us.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ralph
    >
    >
    >
    > Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn schrieb am 05.12.2017 um 09:05:
    > > Dear members of the Repository Platforms for Research Data IG,
    > >
    > > we want to invite you to our next virtual meeting on Monday, December
    > 18th, 2017 at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC).
    > > We will use Adobe Connect at https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/r3rrgu81oj5
    > >
    > > We would like to prepare our next plenary session. As Working Groups
    > (WGs) are at the heart of RDA we would like to discuss at the RDA 11th
    > Plenary whether there are possibilities for topics from our IG to establish
    > new WGs. One idea is to look at our matrix and the requirements that it
    > lists and whether one or some of those requirements could be the focus of a
    > WG. During the virtual meeting, we would like to prepare for the discussion
    > by taking a look at the matrix to find some candidate requirements to be
    > considered as well as other ideas for future WG activities.
    > >
    > > Here is the link to the matrix:
    > > https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-
    > research-data-ig/outcomes/matrix-use-cases-and-functional-requirements
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Robert Downs
    > > Ralph Müller-Pfefferkorn
    > > João Rocha da Silva
    > >
    >
    > --
    > Full post:
    > https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-
    > research-data-ig/post/virtual-meeting-december-18th-2017-1300-cet-1200
    > Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    > Stop emails for this post:
    > https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/58163
    >
    >
    > --
    > Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/repository-platforms-
    > research-data-ig/post/virtual-meeting-december-18th-2017-1300-cet-1200
    > Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    > Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/
    > mailinglist/unsubscribe/58163
    >
    >

submit a comment