OA(B) August 2016 call

Organisational Advisory Board meeting

August-September meeting

(open to all Organisational Members)

Thursday 1 September 2016, 22:00 UTC

Far East and US West Coast friendly timeslot

Draft minutes

  1. Call to Order - Chair: Amy Nurnberger
    • Record meeting approval - Granted.
  2. Roll Call - 5'
    • Present: Aaron Addison, Amy (Chair), Andrew Treloar (TAB), Fotis (sec), Jason Haga, Juan (Co-chair), John Towns, Lien Le, Malcolm Wolski, Siddeswara Guru, Stephen Wolff, Steve Diggs, Thanassis Tiropanis
    • Regrets: Kevin Ashley, Fabrizio, Susan Reilly
    • Welcome first-time attendees and recent members to the organizational assembly (OA)
  3. Minutes from previous meetings (besides last meeting) - 5'
    • May meeting minutes (July to be approved two meetings after) - For approval.
      • Approved.
    • Action point list review:
      • Fotis/secretariat to get the industrial RDA individual members who have participated to at least two plenaries. Initial document by Trust-IT with statistics from private sector members.
        • The point on at least two plenaries participation is open.
      • Amy and Stephen to update the Value & Engagement (V&E) document to take into account the Future Directoins document and recent discussions. Closed. See agenda item 5.
      • Jamie, Malcolm, Raphael and Fotis to work on the template for collecting OA members expertise. See agenda item 6.
      • Mark, Kathy and Fotis to see if a template for OA commentary on new WGs makes sense - See proposed OA commentary template for new WGs adapted from the TAB template. See agenda item 7.
      • Volunteers to send nominations for Finance subcommittee - Open
  4. News from RDA Governance bodies - 30'
    • News from RDA Council and its subcommittees - Amy, Juan, Mark, others - 5'
      • News from RDA Council
        • Council met in Melbourne in May. Pretty good meeting: Primary focus: sustainability of RDA. Short intro about the Council subcommittees.
        • Francoise and Mark wrote a blog post: TAB and other groups in RDA seek interconnections but without having a pre-defined (top-down) architecture. So, we do not necessarily define how these interconnections will happen. We want to approach the problem at multiple scales and from different directions, reflecting the huge diversity of topics and points of views involved in the construction of the scientific data infrastructure. A visual way of these interactions will be presented by Steve Diggs later on.
        • The important stuff is being done by the WG/IGs, but they have to have some support. And main focus is how to translate support into a set of RDA core services which are sustainable. In the Tokyo funders' forum, the funders have shown committment. But they are struggling how (funding instruments) to support/finance RDA.
      • News from sub-committees (for a full report see also July meeting minutes)
        • Strategy
          • Strategy for the future. Also some policy issues although RDA is not a policy body.
        • Sustainability and funding
          • See above points.
        • Finance
          • Topics of discussion: Fiscal policies/rules. Whether to pay for TAB and OAB members travel at some point in time. Transfering money across regions. Legal entities in some nations. More work in the next months.
          • Andrew: Strong support for Mark's point on supporting TAB/OAB travel for plenaries. Example from TAB elections: Interested nominees from Australia did not come forward because their organisation are unable to fund their travel. So it is difficult even for Australia. Imagine some of other countries in the region!
        • Engagement and Communications
        • Operations and Coordination
          • The last two subcommittees having to do with the Future Directions document (around Engagement, Communications and Coordination) and getting external help.
    • News from Secretariat - 5'
      • Secretariat membership updates - Mark
        • Recruited one member and loosing one member: Lynn Yarmey new member from RDA US as director of community developement in US. But half time for RDA Global-secretariat. Active in engagement and the ambassador program. Also taking over the TAB support role from Kathy. Kathy continues as a volunteer. On the other hand, Herman Stehouwer left at the end of July. To be replaced by a more admin person. 
      • Communications plan drafted and on-going - Mark
      • Future plenaries update
        • Plenary 8 - Denver, 11-16 September 2016, in conjunction with International Data Week:
        • Plenary 9 - Barcelona, Spain  (organised by BSC). 3-7 April 2017. Venue: Barcelo Sants.
        • Plenary 10 - Bids from Canada, Argentina and China coming this week.
      • RDA individual membership updated monthly statistics: almost 4290 members in August 2016
    • News from TAB (besides WG/IG and Rcommendations which are covered in agenda item 7 below) - 20'
      • TAB Landscape Overview Group report, Steve Diggs - 15'
        • Background: it is important to understand how RDA recommendations can be stiched together and how the different groups interact. A variety of efforts to address that. And TAB is currently trying to come up with a way how the WG/IGs intersect: notion of a landscape overview. There was a first effort on this a couple of years ago, but only a snapshot over time. The challenge is how to make this be maintained by the groups themselves so that it stays current and dynamic. So a TAB sub-group led by Steve Diggs has been working on some tools that help display the information, collecting metadata on what they are doing and how they are interrelated. Steve Diggs gave a presentatoin in the last WG/IG chairs meeting.
        • Presentation: http://goo.gl/oLLpeS
        • Comments/Questions:
          • Andrew: Belmont forum background: Strategy for data from their projects. Andrew in one of their committees: One of its recommendations was the landscape analysis! Similar exercise in TAB for understanding the value in this and synergies: a connection identifying exercise: points of overlap and synergy. Amy: Indeed, important to decrease duplication.
          • Mark: How are you defining the links: What does a link mean? People? Steve: We go through the case statement and mission and understand the type of work (topic including metadata). But in connections it is about people. So similar type of work and people. And there are strong connections. Work is still evolving. For a multi-agency case it is more demanding, but for RDA only people and type of work and their outputs is relevant.
          • Mark: Had a call with the director of Educopia. Its whole mission is building bridges among organisations. More on scholarly communications, humanities. They have a clear methodology and they try to enforce their "collective impact" approach: vision, common mission statements and identify roadmap for meeting the vision. Effort to identify commonalities. Amy: Connection to educopia is very good!
          • Juan: Excellent work, but how about picking-up gaps. Steve: Yes, this is not possible with the first pass. But with the second pass, we can rewrite the rules with the eye towards the gaps. Gaps within mission statements of orgs and groups. 
        • Amy: How can OAB help/benefit? Steve: Feedback from multiple organisations and also sustain information. Andrew: AoK is focused more on outputs. Steve more focus on groups interconnection. Different kinds of adoption. Multi-dimensional space. Org. Members to be able to see what RDA and its orgs are doing.
      • Upcoming elections, Andrew- 5'
  5. Value and Engagement (V&E) of RDA Organisational Members - Previous meeting summary and next actions - 5'
    • Definition: V: Existing members looking for benefits from RDA/OA. E: How to encourage OA members actively engage in OA and RDA activities (for existing members again).
      • From previous calls:
        • OA(B) strategy for the next years: Part of the strategy should be who to attract and how to do it. This should be integrated in the V&E exercise. Keep in mind that multiple-conflicting agendas of OA members are good for RDA (in contrast with most other organisations).
        • Action to find industrial members who are regular participants in RDA plenaries. (Fotis: Open - See Document by Trust-IT - Point on participation in two plenaries pending). Action: Circulate this document off-line.
        • Primary value from OA members: awareness point. Being part of the development process of the proto-standards, opportunity to have input on group formation, adopt early and have ready access. The effort that Griffith University went through is a classic example of that: looking for developing new repository systems and assessed the RDA relevant recommendations, so as to understand what can be used and applied in their case.  So getting a lot of organisations (not only in OA) asking how to use the recommendations. So maybe this can be the focus: how to support the adoption of recommendations. Focusing on the adoption of recommendations will enhance the value of the OA and also foster the actual adoption of the recommendations.
        • V & E document should be updated further to take into account the Future Directions report. (Stephen & Amy: Closed) Find updated document here, comments welcome.Action
    • Background and previous material
  6. Adoption, Endorsement and Maintenance of RDA Recommendations - The role of OA(B): Expert Commentary and Adoptability - Updates and thoughts - Amy Nurnberger, Malcolm Wolski, Mark Parsons, all - 10'
    • Summary/Decision from July call:
      • As candidate recommendations appear, TAB to notify Mark and Fotis, who then discuss what expertise is available in the OA and make a suggestion for private OAB to comment.
      • After convergence inside the private OAB, Fotis to send a message to the suggested organisation(s) to provide expert commentary with emphasis on adoptability and the status of actual adoption, copying the whole OA for any further comments/inputs.
      • Assigned OA members can also use external experts to help them and the OA members can write up a summary after discussing with them. The same can be done when there is no clear expertise inside the OA.
      • A form for recording the OA members' expertise will be used to identify candidates to provide adoption commentaries. Proposal:
        • Note: Commentaries should be representing both the organisation area and the individual expertise
          • Organisation type (academia/research, business/enterprise/industry -with a few sub-options big/SME/startup), region, etc.)
          • Position, age group,
            • Align the above with the ones that they have provided in the RDA website or take them directly from there (request to log in in the RDA site first).
          • Data user/generator/manager/technologist/policy maker/other
          • Expertise in vertical domains (e.g. agri, bio, physics, etc.). Some standard terminology can be used if deemed appropriate (such as Energy, Environment, Biomedical Sciences, Physics and Engineering, and Social and Cultural Innovation) 
          • Interest in adoption areas (we have to see what we write here: data fabric, metadata, data services, domain-specific, …)
          • Involvement in national, regional data or other relevant projects
          • Involvement in standards organisations or other relevant groups
          • Expertise in e-Infrastructures/data infrastructures/computer science (horizontal domain)
          • Other?
      • Open issues/questions on the template:
        • Domains categorisation: Any ideas? Here is one categorisation used in Europe (ESFRI): Energy, Environment, Health & Food, Physical Sciences & Engineering, Social & Cultural Innovation (used to be Social Sciences & Humanities): Agreed. Add Information & Communication Technologies and Libraties. (Action)
        • Adoption areas: Can we use inputs from the first TAB landscape report or the most recent one (presented by Steven Diggs): Use first report from Beth (Action).
        • RDA login required to fill in the survey or anonymous also? Consensus: Yes, pre-filled. (Action)
        • Remove age group? Consensus: Remove (Action)
      • Timeline
        • Agreed on the bullets today.
        • Finalise the form and create the actual survey. (Action) Test it with a couple of people. And take it for approval in Denver.
      • Template for adoption reports - Interviews with adopters
        • The Adoption template used already in an exercise that the secretariat has performed can be found here.
          • Mark: For some recommendations, it was pretty straightforward exercise, for some others though much more compex.
          • Amy: It was a form of interview: Shape this further for OA commentators? And then submit that to TAB. Mark: I agree. Looking at the current recommendaitons: Perspective adopters: Should be really critical. OA voice much more important than any individual;s comment. Amy to Malcolm: Going through your exercise. Malcolm: I had a particular problem in mind. Difficult. This is more generic. Have to think about it. Some are broad and some narrow. Mark: But it is appropriate to check whether it solves a problem for an organisation. Juan: Yes. Careful having the right people answering. Malcom: They should provide some context. Amy: Include it in the beginning: Please describe the problem this output might solve within the organisation context. Action Fotis: Add these points to the template.
          • Action Fotis: Circulate both templates to the list for comments.
          • Guru: Dynamic Data citation example: Have to include the scope (Action). Because for some other DBs (file-based repositories) it doesn't work at all. But this does not mean it is not good. Amy: Agreed.
          • Mark: Organisations voice matters! Scope super relevant!
        • See Adoption reports for some of the recommendations (from secretariat exercise)
      • Reward: There should be an agreed reward for the commentaries. Potential rewards have not been discused further: (Open item)
        • From July meeting:
          • Member profiles in the newsletter
          • Ribbons on their badges at plenaries. Action
          • Formal letters of appointment to help indicate it's something they can put on their CV or resumé.
          • Reduced entry fee to plenaries?
    • Background and previous material
  7. WG/IG updates and RFCs / TAB update - 10'
  8. Open industry/private sector seats on OAB - Amy, 5'
    • Previous discussion with Council: The Council felt that it would be good to get a number of industrial OA members on-board before nominating the seats.
    • Current suggestion: Invite all industry members to OAB as observers until numbers increase. This grants for-profit OA members a voice at the forum, but no formal voting rights.
    • No comments.
  9. OAB report to Council - Amy, 5'
    • Skip now.
    • If there are any comments/proposals, send them off-line. Action
  10. Next OA(B) meetings, 10'
    • Denver f2f meetings - See working plan - and official programme
      • OA Open Meeting, Thursday, 15 September, 14:00-15:30, Room 8 Tower Mezzanine - Spruce (58) (tbc)
      • OA Closed Meeting, Thursday 15 September, 16:00-17:30, Room 8 Tower Mezzanine - Spruce (58) (tbc)
      • Private OAB meeting, during Thursday or Friday lunch (tbc)
        • Action: Amy to contact private OAB with a plan.
    • Draft agendas
      • Open Meeting
        • Introduction to OA
        • Value & Engagement
          • Update on status of document, invitation for discussion - Amy, Steve 
          • Engaging with RDA outputs at Griffith University - Malcolm
          • Open discussion with representatives: 
            • Which of the current WG/IGs are of most interest to them (choose 3-5)? 
            • Which are of least interest / relevance?
            • Perceived challenges, within 5 year horizon?
        • Coordination across regions (AU, EU, US, other?).
        • AoB
      • Closed meeting
        • Call to Order
        • Update from Council and Funders Forum
        • New OAB members introduction
        • OA Value & Engagement (closed part)
        • Adoption, Endorsement and Maintenance of RDA Recommendations - The role of OA(B): Expert Commentary and Adoptability
        • AoB
          • Scheduling of OA meeting in plenaries (see point below)
        • Group Photo
      • Comment: Guru: Is it possible for OA meetings at plenaries not to clash with parallel sessions? Mark: Now late. But for future ones, we may consider to include a short plenary session ran by OA. In fact very nice idea! TAB schedules their meetings outside of WG/IGs meetings. But extra day. Amy: Consider this. Malcolm: Overall congested agenda. OA(B): rep the org. Clashing indeed with other interesting groups. If OA can afford extra days, in order not to conflict with many WG/IGs. 
      • Action: Include the draft agenda in the main program!
  11. AoB

 

Original agenda

San Francisco (USA - California) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 15:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
Denver (USA - Colorado) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 16:00:00 MDT UTC-6 hours
Washington DC (USA - District of Columbia) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 18:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 19:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 23:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France - Île-de-France) Friday, 2 September 2016, 00:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Athens (Greece) Friday, 2 September 2016, 01:00:00 EEST UTC+3 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Friday, 2 September 2016, 07:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Canberra (Australia - Australian Capital Territory) Friday, 2 September 2016, 08:00:00 AEST UTC+10 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Friday, 2 September 2016, 10:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, 1 September 2016, 22:00:00  

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/137434749

You can also dial in using your phone.

Australia: +61 2 8355 1034, Austria: +43 7 2088 0716, Belgium: +32 (0) 28 93 7002, Canada: +1 (647) 497-9372, Denmark: +45 69 91 84 58, Finland: +358 (0) 923 17 0556, France: +33 (0) 170 950 590, Germany: +49 (0) 692 5736 7206, Ireland: +353 (0) 19 030 053, Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 65, Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 759, New Zealand: +64 9 974 9579, Norway: +47 21 04 30 59, Spain: +34 931 76 1534, Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 691, Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0026 89, United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3713 5011, United States: +1 (669) 224-3319,

Access Code: 137-434-749

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

 

  1. Call to Order - Chair: Amy Nurnberger
    • Record meeting approval
  2. Roll Call - 5'
    • OAB Members
      • Expected: Amy Nurnberger, Juan Bicarregui, Raphael Ritz, Malcolm Wolski, Aaron Addison
      • Regrets/Unknown: Kevin Ashley, Fabrizio Gagliardi, Siddeswara Guru, Susan Reilly, Stephen Wolff
    • OA Members:  Cynthia Hudson Vitale, Jason Haga, Thanassis Tiropanis, Mark Leggott, Rob Quick
    • Guests/Reps from other gov groups:  Andrew Treloar (TAB), Mark Parsons (Secretary Genera), Fotis Karayannis (Secretariat)
    • Welcome first-time attendees and recent members to the organizational assembly (OA)
  3. Minutes from previous meetings (besides last meeting) - 5'
    • May meeting minutes (July to be approved two meetings after) - For approval
    • Action point list review:
      • Fotis/secretariat to get the industrial RDA individual members who have participated to at least two plenaries. Initial document by Trust-IT with statistics from private sector members.
      • Amy and Stephen to update the Value & Engagement (V&E) document to take into account the Future Directoins document and recent discussions. Other volunteers welcome. Open. See agenda item 5.
      • Jamie, Malcolm, Raphael and Fotis to work on the template for collecting OA members expertise. See agenda item 6.
      • Mark, Kathy and Fotis to see if a template for OA commentary on new WGs makes sense - See proposed OA commentary template for new WGs adapted from the TAB template. See agenda item 7.
      • Volunteers to send nominations for Finance subcommittee - Open
  4. News from RDA Governance bodies - 30'
    • News from RDA Council and its subcommittees - Amy, Juan, Mark, others - 5'
      • News from RDA Council
      • News from sub-committees
        • Strategy
        • Sustainability and funding
        • Finance
        • Engagement and Communications
        • Operations and Coordination
    • News from Secretariat - 5'
      • Secretariat membership updates - Mark
        • Recruited one member and loosing one member: Lynn Yarmey new member from RDA US as director of community developement in US. But half time for RDA Global-secretariat. Active in engagement and the ambassador program. Also taking over the TAB support role from Kathy. Kathy continues as a volunteer. On the other hand, Herman Stehouwer will be leaving at the end of this month. To be replaced by a more admin person. Currently a total of 3.5-4 FTEs. But overqualified with PhDs. Will make an effort to hire an admin person and try this direction. 
      • Communications plan drafted and on-going - Mark
      • Future plenaries update
        • Plenary 8 - Denver, 11-16 September 2016, in conjunction with International Data Week: Draft schedule (internal)
        • Plenary 9 - Barcelona, Spain  (organised by BSC). 3-7 April 2017. Venue: Barcelo Sants.
        • Next plenaries?
      • RDA individual membership updated monthly statistics: almost 4290 members in August 2016
    • News from TAB (besides WG/IG and Rcommendations which are covered in agenda item 7 below) - 20'
      • TAB Landscape Overview Group report, Steve Diggs - 15'
        • Background: it is important to understand how RDA recommendations can be stiched together and how the different groups interact. A variety of efforts to address that. And TAB is currently trying to come up with a way how the WG/IGs intersect: notion of a landscape overview. There was a first effort on this a couple of years ago, but only a snapshot over time. The challenge is how to make this be maintained by the groups themselves so that it stays current and dynamic. So a TAB sub-group led by Steve Diggs has been working on some tools that help display the information, collecting metadata on what they are doing and how they are interrelated. Steve Diggs gave a presentatoin in the last WG/IG chairs meeting. Good to do it also here. In one of the calls or in Denver.
        • https://sites.google.com/site/tablogdiagrambeta/
      • Upcoming elections (Andrew/Francoise/Kathy/Mark) - 5'
      • Other
  5. Value and Engagement (V&E) of RDA Organisational Members - Previous meeting summary and next actions - 5'
    • Definition: V: Existing members looking for benefits from RDA/OA. E: How to encourage OA members actively engage in OA and RDA activities (for existing members again).
      • From previous calls:
        • OA(B) strategy for the next years: Part of the strategy should be who to attract and how to do it. This should be integrated in the V&E exercise. Keep in mind that multiple-conflicting agendas of OA members are good for RDA (in contrast with most other organisations).
        • Action to find industrial members who are regular participants in RDA plenaries. (Fotis: Open - See Document by Trust-IT - Point on participation in two plenaries pending).
        • Primary value from OA members: awareness point. Being part of the development process of the proto-standards, opportunity to have input on group formation, adopt early and have ready access. The effort that Griffith University went through is a classic example of that: looking for developing new repository systems and assessed the RDA relevant recommendations, so as to understand what can be used and applied in their case.  So getting a lot of organisations (not only in OA) asking how to use the recommendations. So maybe this can be the focus: how to support the adoption of recommendations. Focusing on the adoption of recommendations will enhance the value of the OA and also foster the actual adoption of the recommendations.
        • V & E document should be updated further to take into account the Future Directions report. (Stephen & Amy: Closed) Find updated document here, comments welcome.
    • Background and previous material
  6. Adoption, Endorsement and Maintenance of RDA Recommendations - The role of OA(B): Expert Commentary and Adoptability - Updates and thoughts - Amy Nurnberger, Malcolm Wolski, Mark Parsons, all - 10'
    • Summary/Decision from July call:
      • As candidate recommendations appear, TAB to notify Mark and Fotis, who then discuss what expertise is available in the OA and make a suggestion for private OAB to comment.
      • After convergence inside the private OAB, Fotis to send a message to the suggested organisation(s) to provide expert commentary with emphasis on adoptability and the status of actual adoption, copying the whole OA for any further comments/inputs.
      • Assigned OA members can also use external experts to help them and the OA members can write up a summary after discussing with them. The same can be done when there is no clear expertise inside the OA.
      • A form for recording the OA members' expertise will be used to identify candidates to provide adoption commentaries. Proposal:
        • Note: Commentaries should be representing both the organisation area and the individual expertise
          • Organisation type (academia/research, business/enterprise/industry -with a few sub-options big/SME/startup), region, etc.)
          • Position, age group,
            • Align the above with the ones that they have provided in the RDA website or take them directly from there (request to log in in the RDA site first).
          • Data user/generator/manager/technologist/policy maker/other
          • Expertise in vertical domains (e.g. agri, bio, physics, etc.). Some standard terminology can be used if deemed appropriate (such as Energy, Environment, Biomedical Sciences, Physics and Engineering, and Social and Cultural Innovation) 
          • Interest in adoption areas (we have to see what we write here: data fabric, metadata, data services, domain-specific, …)
          • Involvement in national, regional data or other relevant projects
          • Involvement in standards organisations or other relevant groups
          • Expertise in e-Infrastructures/data infrastructures/computer science (horizontal domain)
          • Other?
      • Open issues/questions on the template:
        • Domains categorisation: Any ideas? Here is one categorisation used in Europe (ESFRI): Energy, Environment, Health & Food, Physical Sciences & Engineering, Social & Cultural Innovation (used to be Social Sciences & Humanities)
        • Adoption areas: Can we use inputs from the first TAB landscape report or the most recent one (presented by Steven Diggs)
        • RDA login required to fill in the survey or anonymous also?
        • Remove age group?
      • Timeline
        • Agree on the bullets today
        • Finalise the form and create the actual survey for approval in Denver
      • Template for adoption reports - Interviews with adopters
        • The Adoption template used already in an exercise that the secretariat has performed can be found here.
        • See Adoption reports for some of the recommendations (from secretariat exercise)
      • Reward: There should be an agreed reward for the commentaries. Potential rewards discused: (Open item)
        • Member profiles in the newsletter
        • Ribbons on their badges at plenaries. Action
        • Formal letters of appointment to help indicate it's something they can put on their CV or resumé.
        • Reduced entry fee to plenaries?
    • Background and previous material
  7. WG/IG updates and RFCs / TAB update - 10'
  8. Open industry/private sector seats on OAB - Amy, 5'
    • Previous discussion with Council: The Council felt that it would be good to get a number of industrial OA members on-board before nominating the seats.
    • Current suggestion: Invite all industry members to OAB as observers until numbers increase. This grants for-profit OA members a voice at the forum, but no formal voting rights.
  9. OAB report to Council - Amy, 5'
  10. Next OA(B) meetings, 10'
    • Denver f2f meetings - See working plan - and official programme
      • OA Open Meeting, Thursday, 15 September, 14:00-15:30, Room 8 Tower Mezzanine - Spruce (58) (tbc)
      • OA Closed Meeting, Thursday 15 September, 16:00-17:30, Room 8 Tower Mezzanine - Spruce (58) (tbc)
      • Private OAB meeting, during Thursday or Friday lunch (tbc)
    • Draft agendas
      • Open Meeting
        • Introduction to OA
        • Value & Engagement
          • Update on status of document, invitation for discussion - Amy, Steve 
          • Engaging with RDA outputs at Griffith University - Malcolm (?)
          • Open discussion with representatives: Which of the current WG/IGs are of most interest to them (choose 3-5)? Which are of least interest / relevance? Perceived challenges, 5 yr horizon?
        • Coordination across regions (AU, EU, US, other?)
        • AoB
      • Closed meeting
        • Call to Order
        • Update from Council and Funders Forum
        • New OAB members
        • OA Value & Engagement (closed part)
        • Adoption, Endorsement and Maintenance of RDA Recommendations - The role of OA(B): Expert Commentary and Adoptability
        • AoB
        • Group Photo
  11. AoB