Further to ICODA’s recent announcement of the Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science pilot programme, ICODA has received interest from a large number of researchers from over 140 countries. In order to answer some of the key questions they have received, they are running an online information workshop on 07 January 2021 at 14:00 UTC.
The queries they have received from researchers and potential applicants so far have helped shape the agenda for the workshop, which includes:
- An overview of the Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science pilot initiative and what we are looking for in applications
- An outline of the longer-term vision for the Global Grand Challenges data science initiatives and how this pilot will contribute
- How the ICODA Workbench and tools, as well as other resources that we will make available to grantees, will enable and support the selected research studies
- Further information on the terms of the grant awards and what will be supported.
- Significant time to address the questions that will be raised during the workshop.
To attend the event, participants can register here. The event will be recorded and published on the ICODA website shortly afterwards.
They are also updating their Q&A document in response to the questions being received. For example, they have received several questions about the scope and nature of this open funding call. ICODA can confirm that they require researchers to bring clearly identified datasets for their research studies. The call does not focus on research studies involving the collation or generation of new data. Please visit the ICODA website to see the full terms and Q&A for the initiative.
Links and social media posts
In addition to information above, here’s a link to the announcement that’s been issued today.
They have also shared the announcement on: