Sunday 18 March, icebreaker event and keynote in the evening 17.00-19.00
Monday 19 March, full day of symposium, 09.00-18.00
Tuesday 20 March, half day of symposium, 09.00-14.00
Venue: The event will be held in Goettingen.
Event Goal and structure
All over the world universities and libraries have started the task of developing research data services. Ideally such initiatives aim to result in a complete service portfolio covering the entire research lifecycle: support in writing proposals and data management plans, repository infrastructures for the storage of data, support in publishing data, assignment of persistent identifiers, lecturing in data management, etc. This broad scope means that such services are often seen as requiring a joint effort from from university, library, IT centre, faculties and other stakeholders.
Nowhere in the world has such a complete support scenario been perfected. It is timely for actors in the various dimensions of such initiatives internationally to share their practical experiences, research and insights.
Talks will be structured against one of the following themes. Depending on the theme, either a long presentation, discussion of a number of dimensions, or a short presentation focussing on a particular issue is invited.
- Solutions (long Presentations):
- Strategy (long Presentations):
- Structure, organisational (long Presentations):
- Skills and Support
- Stitch ’n’ Bitch / Steam, letting off… / Sticking Points / Success and its Shadow (short Presentations):
- Sustainability (short Presentations):
- Shared and Outsourced Services (short Presentations):
- Service Points (short Presentations):
- Service Level, Trust and FAIR (short Presentations):
- Champions and Engagement (short Presentations):
The call for paper and registration can be found at
Researchers, information specialist, service provider, funders, librarians, university administration
Jan Brase - Goettingen State and University Library (SUB Goettingen)