IG Biodiversity Data Integration 1
Date & Time: BREAKOUT1 Monday 22 Sept 2014, 11.00 – 12.30
IG Biodiversity Data Integration 2
Date & Time: BREAKOUT7 Wednesday 24 Sept 2014, 9.00 – 10.30
- Identification of topics related to the RDA Biodiversity IG, which could contribute to the sharing of best practices and innovations across disciplines and the definition of "building blocks" of common global data infrastructures. Discussion of associated tasks and participations of BDI IG members at the fourth plenary meeting.
- Identification of cross-cutting activity areas and collaborations with intersecting domain specific RDA IGs/WGs, like the Marine Data Harmonisation IG, CODATA IG on Legal Interoperability WG, Agricultural Data Interoperability IG, Wheat data Interoperability WG.
- Identification of cross-cutting activity areas and collaborations with intersecting technical specific RDA IGs/WGs, like the Research Data Provenance IG, Persistent Identifiers IG, Big Data Analytics IG, Rescuing Heritage Data, Publishing Data IG, Data Foundation and Terminology WG.
- Identification of potential RDA BDI 'Working Groups' to accelerate the progress in a concrete way with the overarching goal of increasing data-driven innovations, like a next generation of name resolution services, sophisticated vocabulary services and advanced routines for data annotation.
- Identification of relevant best practice issues, like the standardisation and integration of web services for e-Science application (VREs, e-Labs), a roadmap on further optimising linked open-data research, and the optimisation of text mining routines for data discovery
Second break-out session (late in the conference).
- Reporting: summary and conclusions of Biodiversity IG members activities at the fourth plenary meeting, including the interaction with other RDA IGs/WGs.
- Governance models, including the long term sustainability and operational management of biodiversity data services.
- Funding models, including the interactions with relevant ESFRIs in the environmental cluster, connection to COST actions, and the identification of areas of action under different overarching funding programs (EC H2020, NSF, CAS, etc.).
- Participation models, including a mandate from major initiatives on addressing issues of common interest within BDI WGs (LifeWatch, EU BON, iMarine, GBIF). How to get this on their agenda?
- Community membership, including the outreach to relevant research networks (CETAF, BiodiversityKnowledge, SMEBD) and the integration of young researchers into the RDA efforts - Other business, including the further BDI IG management and after meeting activities.