Present: Bridget Almas, Sayeed Choudhury, Keith Jefferey, Alessandro Spinuso, MingFang Wu
Targeted cross group activities:
- Metadata Standards Directory WG: Adding provenance standards and use cases to the Metadata Registry
- DFT WF: Adding provenance terminology to the DFT Registry
- Data in Context: supply use cases, particular with an eye towards contextual metadata requirements (e.g. metadata related to publication, funding, ownership, etc. CERIF provides a model for this type of metadata and DICIG members are working on a mapping to PROV-O but more use cases for provenance are needed to provide a generalizable solution)
- Brokering IG: discuss possibilities for participating in pending WG proposal to include implementation of a generalizable model for Provenance data in the brokering context.
- Other: join with Metadata IG, MSDWG and Data In Context to support and and lead proposed P4 metadata roundtable discussion among IG/WG chairs
- Metadata WG and DICIG expect to have a template use cases collection form available that other RDA groups can use within the next week or so.
- Student interns will work (with mentors) on adding standards and use cases to MASDIR, terminology to DFT, and use cases to DICIG
- MingFang and ANDS project group will contribute use cases for provenance from projects getting under way there
- Keith will resend email to TAB about P4 joint metadata session, adding Provenance to the effort
- Bridget will follow-up with Brokering chairs about their WG proposal
- All group members: submit info on standards and use cases for the summer interns to consider in their work