Dear Open Questionnaire for Research Data Sharing Survey IG co-chairs,
I attended the Questionnaire IG at Gaborone and was interested by the proposed work of the group, finally getting around to joining today. We've been putting together a questionnaire of our own in the RDARI IG that we would like to launch in early 2019 if possible. The idea behind our survey is to:
* Compare policies and practicalities between institutions
* Understand the state of the art when it comes to institutional architectures to support research data management
* Facilitate contacts between institutions using similar technologies and solutions
* Getting ideas on what works well
* Mapping developments over time
* Getting a sense of the range of services that institutions are providing to support good research data management
I enclose a draft copy of the questionnaire, although it is likely to evolve further before we start seeking responses.
How best should we coordinate our group's survey so as to fit with the aims of the Questionnaire IG?
James A J Wilson,
Co-Chair of the Research Data Architectures in Research Institutions IG,
Head of Research Data Services, UCL.