This is being sent to everyone who has signed up to the RDA Collaboration Group for the Chairs meeting this coming Wed., whether or not you will be present in person, plus three who aren't on the list yet but whom I know are coming (I will forward it to them).
1. Attached are a couple of documents that you should try to take a look at before the meeting. Those of you who were at the Gothenburg meeting last summer and/or sat in on the TAB/Chairs meeting in Montreal will remember that we are going to look at road maps, broadly interpreted. Where are we, where should we be, and what, if anything, should we do about it. A small org comm. had a couple of meetings and Gary and SiriJodha have prepared these documents. We will also look at some existing, perhaps parallel, road map activities.
2. As you will have seen from the draft agenda (its on the group page) we will start with some road mappy discussions and then move later into the usual agenda of WG/IG updates, as related as possible to the earlier discussion on the state of RDA. (We will also have the usual and always valuable TAB session and a couple of adoption project updates.) Some of you have already requested a slot and I have reached out to a few others. If you haven't heard from me and you would like to give an update on your WG/IG, please let me know. Slides ok, but not required. Other than start and stop times, its a very flexible agenda and its a small enough group that we can keep it informal, with an emphasis on discussion.
3. We will enable remote participation. Details will be sent to the list before Wed. Last time we did this at NIST it seemed to work well.
4. We will have an update on the summer meeting. Spoiler alert - Andi Rauber will be our host.
5. I apologize for any hotel confusion. I simply assumed that the Gaithersburg Hilton would be the default hotel, as it has been in years past, and did not notice that the NIST conference folks changed it to a Holiday Inn that some of you are now booked into. A number of us there will have cars and we will endeavor to get everyone back and forth. The good news is that our current cold spell (very cold for DC) will be over by Wed.
Looking forward to seeing many of you in a few days.