Dear RDA VSIG -
It has been pleasing to see some activity on the list in response to my mail last week about reviving the IG. In particular, we have had a number of volunteers for coordination roles. In order to move forward, the continuing co-chairs would like to propose the following arrangements:
1. Name of group - RDA Vocabulary and Semantic Services Interest Group (VSSIG)
2. Revised charter - see https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/vocabulary-services-interest-group/wik...
a. Simon Cox (CSIRO) - continuing
b. Adam Shepherd (WHOI) - continuing
c. Yann Le Franc (EUDAT) - new
d. John Graybeal (BioPortal) - new
*** At this point we would like to ask the members of the group (i.e. this list) for comments or objections, with a deadline of 5th July. ***
If there are no objections, and we can reach consensus on any issues, our intention is to notify the RDA Secretariat and TAB of these new arrangements by the end of next week (7th July).
A meeting slot has been requested for RDA P10 in Montreal - https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-vocabulary-services-rda-10th-plenary-meeting
The provisional agenda includes ratification of the above arrangements, but the mail focus will be on the VSSIG work program moving forward.
Note that the role of co-chair is primarily around coordination, but with the intention of guiding the generation of a number of more formal activities with specific outputs. The latter might potentially be organized as RDA Working Groups under the umbrella of VSSIG. We anticipate rotation of members through the coordination team, as new volunteers step forward and the VSSIG programme becomes established. I'd also like to mention that Barbara Magagna (Umweltbundesamt) has provided significant assistance in pulling this together and will continue to provide support in the coordination group.
Simon & Adam
Open for comment:
- Call for comments on NISO Issues in Vocabulary Management technical report http://www.niso.org/topics/tl/BibliographicRoadmap/ (deadline19 July)
- Call for Suggestions and Contributions on Implementing the FAIR Data Principles: EC Expert Group on Turning FAIR Data into Reality http://www.codata.org/news/177/62/Call-for-Suggestions-and-Contributions... (deadline 31 July)
Events of interest
- 11-14/07/2017 Lifewatch Workshop on Ontology & Semantic Web for Research http://www.servicecentrelifewatch.eu/ontology-semantic-web-for-biodivers...
- 28/10/2017 NKOS Workshop at DC-2017 http://nkos.slis.kent.edu/
Simon J D Cox
CSIRO Land and Water
E ***@***.*** T +61 3 9545 2365 M +61 403 302 672
Mail: Private Bag 10, Clayton South, Vic 3169
Visit: Central Reception, Research Way, Clayton, Vic 3168
Deliver: Gate 3, Normanby Road, Clayton, Vic 3168
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
You are here
Dear RDA VSIG -