23 September 2015- BREAKOUT 3 - 15:30
This session is designed to bring together researchers in the domain of chemistry for a discussion about the formation of an RDA Interest Group (IG) on Chemical Data.
- Presentation of initial thoughts on forming an IG
Why this is a good idea? Chemistry specific needs?
What’s needed for related disciplines (e.g. biology, medicine, health, safety)?
- Identification of existing projects to connect with the IG
- Invite nominations for chair elect(s) of the IG
- Review of draft IG charter and identification of revisions
- Discussion of alignment with other chemistry groups e.g. IUPAC, ACS, RSC
- Identification/invitation of members to participate in the IG
- Mechanisms to advertise the formation of the IG
Contact person: Ian Bruno and Richard Kidd